Ich muss ihm Recht geben

I read the article from a user about Virtualmin.
I agree with you and have tried a number of panels. ISPConfig was developed by a German company and there was a row with them. And I don’t see it that way alone and therefore you don’t get any more opportunity at all, because you did everything in English and presented your German compatriots and some of them don’t like English, but also hate it. Just like me personally. I was never interested in English and never will. And since the company did not see that and it was discussed in the forum, 12 users left with me. And everyone will see which is the best German and where you can understand something as a German and thus keep up. Plesk is a bunch of junk and expensive put together and I looked at it. It didn’t last a month then I deleted it. it’s the Absolute Horra junk. In addition, much too expensive for that. Cpanel is good and also better than Plesk, but no German except on the board and nothing else German. In addition, the price is too expensive. The other is vesta, which is not bad for free, but unfortunately that did not work so well with those with DNS entries and creating the domains or subdomains. And again everything in English. Then I said look further and found a German thing that is also built by Germans and you can see that when German workmanship is put down, something comes around. Unfortunately no Softaculous, but they want to change that. Then the Virtualmin is a real alternative, as here you only get English, but it can also be installed with a few extra steps. Unfortunately, I am missing the installation helper like Softaculous Sodas other things than Wordpress can be installed and used. But that’s not a bad thing. Unfortunately, there is also no German community here. Since everyone knows that when you try to translate something different always comes out. Otherwise, the user programmers did a really good job. I have to say that. For me the difficulty of speaking English. English has never interested me. But software and therefore it would be nice if they continued. I would then also take a payment plan. But as I said Softaculous there is unfortunately no way to incorporate this. And what would be nice a German corner in the forum would also be very desirable.

Translated with a translator

Ich habe den Artikel gelesen von einem Nutzer über Virtualmin.
Ich gebe ihnen recht und habe etliche Panels ausprobiert. ISPConfig was von einer deutschen Firma entwickelt worden ist und es mit denen Krach gegeben hat. Und ich das nicht alleine so sehe und von daher Sie überhaupt keine Möglichkeit mehr bekommen, da Sie alles in Englisch gemacht haben und ihre Deutschen Landsleute vorgesetzt haben und das Englisch bei etlichen nicht mögen, sondern auch noch Hassen. So wie ich persönlich. Mich hat Englisch nie interessiert und wird es auch nicht. Und da die Firma das nicht eingesehen hat und im Forum darüber diskutiert worden ist, sind mit mir 12 User weggegangen. Und jeder wird schauen welches am besten deutsch und wo man auch als deutscher was verstehen kann und somit Mithalten kann. Plesk ist ein Haufen Schrott und teuer zusammen gestellt und habe ich mir angeschaut. Es hat keinen Monat bei mir ausgehalten dann habe ich es gelöscht. es ist der Absoluter Horra Schrott. Zudem viel zu teuer für den. Cpanel ist gut und auch besser als Plesk, doch kein Deutsch außer im Board und sonst nichts Deutsches. Zudem vom Preis zu teuer. Das weitere ist vesta, was nicht schlecht ist für Gratis, doch leider ging das nicht so toll bei denen mit DNS Einträgen und anlegen der Domains oder Subdomains. Und auch wieder alles in Englisch. Dann habe ich gesagt schauen mal weiter und habe ein deutsches Ding gefunden wird auch von Deutschen gebaut und daran sieht man, wenn Deutsche Wertarbeit abgelegt wird kommt da schon was bei rum. Leider keine Softaculous dabei, doch sie wollen das ändern. Dann ist das wie hier das Virtualmin eine echte alternative, da man hier nur Englisch vorgesetzt bekommt, doch es sich auch darüber mit ein paar Extra Handgriffen installieren ließ. leider fehlt mir hier der Installieren-Helfer wie Softaculous Sodas man außer Wordpress andere Dinge installieren und nutzen kann. Doch so ist das nicht schlecht. Leider fehlt hier aber auch eine Deutsche Community. Da jeder weiß, wenn man versucht hier zu übersetzen kommt immer was anderes herauskommt. Ansonsten haben sich die User Programmierer echt gute Arbeit abgeliefert. Das muss ich mal sagen. Eben für mich die Schwierigkeit das Englische. Mich hat englisch noch nie interessiert. Doch Software und von daher wäre es schön, wenn sie weiter machen. Ich würde mir dann auch ein Zahlungsplan nehmen. Doch gibt es wie gesagt Softaculous leider wohl hier keine Möglichkeit das einzuarbeiten. Und was schön wäre eine deutsche Ecke im Forum wäre auch sehr Wünschenswert.
Übersetzt mit einem Übersetzer

My native language isn’t English either. Its actually the 9th most spoken all around the world, that didn’t stop me from learning others, like english, spanish, looking to learn italian and arab or chinese.

Aside from germans, no one really cares about the german language. It’s not even a friendly language to learn. If people close themselves “hating” languages, and choose to stay aside from the language on which most software is developed, is commented, the language that comes in the docs… well, its a bit like natural selection isn’t it? We all have to do some effort in our lives to learn something out of our comfort zone but that will improve our skills and abilities and adds value.

You can also create a forum for German people that are using Virtualmin (or whatever other software) and create the community yourself.

By the way there is an International “Corner” here:
https://forum.virtualmin.com/c/internationalization/18

2 Likes

How about using Virtualmin and Webmin in German? It has pretty good coverage and you are welcome to contribute.

On the other hand, I personally, would not like to see any software in any other language but English, because English happened to be the language of technology/programming. English is way more concise (short) for most terms. However, I made sure that we have all languages well organized – language files are stored in utf-8 encoding, which is easy to contribute, without breaking anything.

1 Like

Now don’t know how to rate that. Especially since they present German as not easy and is impossible. I had never been particularly interested in English earlier today. For me this is the language that destroys everything and no exact word or sentence combination is possible or possible. And why should I learn English when a continent about 130 million citizens speak German in Europe, then that’s enough for me and you don’t all have them in the address book or you know all of them. But that is my language where I communicate with. In addition, I had the same accident a day later when Michael Schumacher. For me only by bike. That’s why I don’t see everything being able to do everything and software can still be written that way, but we all experience changes and why not here too.
But it didn’t answer my questions in that case and producing it from German to English is not easy for me.
But as I said the installation worked very well today and I installed the Virtualmin. And, if it wasn’t convinced after it was installed, I would have deleted it long ago. And so my question, since you have taken the trouble to translate it, is whether the software supporter Softaculous is available for Virtualmin.
It would be nice if you had and knew an answer to this. Thank you for your answer

Jetzt weiß nicht wie ich das Bewerten soll. Zumal da sie Deutsch als nicht einfach darstellen und unmöglich ist. Ich hatte mich nie großartig früher heute für Englisch interessiert. Für mich ist das die Sprache die alles zerstört und keine exakten Wort oder Satz-Zusammenstellung Bau möglich oder kommt. Und wieso sollte ich Englisch lernen, wenn a, ein Kontinent etwa 130. Millionen Bürger in Europas Deutsch sprechen, dann reicht mir das und habe Sie nicht alle im Adressbuch stehen oder kenne Sie alle. Doch das ist meine Sprache wo ich mit Kommuniziere. Hinzukommt das ich einen Tag später als Michael Schumacher denselben Unfall hatte. Bei mir nur mit dem Fahrrad. Von daher sehe ich auch nicht ein alles zu können und Software kann ja weiterhin so geschrieben werden, doch wir alle erleben Veränderungen und warum nicht genauso hierbei.
Doch es hat nicht in dem Fall meine Fragen beantwortet und es von Deutsch Ihnen zum Englischen zu produzieren ist für mich nicht einfach.
Doch wie gesagt das Installieren klappte heute sehr gut und ich habe mir das Virtualmin installiert. Und, wenn es nicht, nachdem es Installiert wäre davon überzeugt so hätte ich es schon längst wieder gelöscht. Und von daher mal meine Frage da Sie sich die Mühe gemacht haben es zu übersetzen, ob man hier für Virtualmin den Software Unterstützer Softaculous eine Möglichkeit gibt.
Das wäre nett, wenn Sie dazu eine Antwort hätten und wüssten. Dankeschön für Ihre Antwort

Thank you, but I found out, because the landlordmin really had a lot of things nice and neatly arranged in several classes. The picture just never shows you how you ended up there. The way is decisive, not the end result. Unfortunately, programmers and users do not understand this very well. Still, thank you for your screen

Ich danke Ihnen, doch ich habe es herausgefunden, da Wirtualmin echt Hammer viele Dinge schön Säuberlich es zu geordnet haben in Mehren Klassen. Das Bild zeigt nur nie einem wie Sie an der Stelle gelandet sind. Der Weg ist entscheidend nicht das Endergebnis. Nur leider verstehen Programmierer und Anwender das nur sehr schlecht. Trotzdem danke für Ihren Screen

About how many speakers, I am really sorry but is that an argument?

• German has 90/95 million native speakers - using german as first language;
  • Portuguese has 215/220 million native speakers in the world;

All the German speakers combined in the world only grasp native portuguese speakers.

Do I vouch for people that “hate” languages and don’t want to learn?
No.

I do hate seeing software in Portuguese tho, I really do. English is the universal language of the internet in which documentation is written and almost every answer to any problem is written.
And ignoring that because “i don’t like english” would only tell something about myself - not only on the personal level, but also on the professional level where a myriad of problems, discussions and solutions would be out of reach.

By the way, saying there are impossible combinations in the english language is also a sign of your (poor) knowledge of the english language.

1 Like

That is your opinion and I cannot help that we Ms. Merkel had a sleep government. And one more thing, even if I hate English, it doesn’t have to be transferred to humans. Which i never did That is why I say that our government has overslept and has probably put more German into the world and into our infrastructure. Because we do everything ourselves, the government only spends money. But again it didn’t answer my question. Thank you

Das ist Ihre Meinung und ich kann auch nichts dafür das wir Frau Merkel mit einer Schlafregierung hatten. Und noch eins, wenn ich auch Englisch hasse so muss, das nicht auf den Menschen übertragen werden. Was ich nie getan habe. Von daher sage ich, unsere Regierung hat viel Verschlafen wohl auch mehr Deutsch in die Welt und in unsere Infrastruktur hineinzustecken. Denn wir machen alles selbst die Regierung gibt nur Geld aus. Doch hat es wiederum meine Frage nicht beantwortet Dankeschön

I didn’t really understood your question, I am sorry.
Only sharing opinion, not looking to offend you.

I don’t think this is the best place to talk about politics, be it national or foreign. All governments only spend money, its called new economic order. Also not a subject for here.

There is a section in this forum called “Internationalization”, maybe you’ll want to post there?

No problem, I’ll have a look right away and I hope everyone will understand what I’m writing here. Just like you forum, I think it’s nicely done and simply structured.
And I agree with you on your point. I didn’t want to start politics, but it’s your fault because you haven’t done anything for years and that’s investing. Thank you anyway and if you ever have an idea for how I can install Softacuous because of the software, please let me know. Continue to stay safe and sound

Kein Problem ich schaue gleich mal nach und ich hoffe das versteht jeder dann, was ich hier schreibe. Genauso wie Sie Forum finde ich ganz nett gemacht einfach strukturiert.
Und zu ihrem Punkt gebe ich Ihnen recht. Ich wollte nicht Politik anfangen, doch die sind diese Misere Schuld, weil Sie über Jahre nichts gemacht haben und das ist Investieren. Dankeschön trotzdem und, wenn Sie vielleicht mal eine Idee für Haben wie ich Softacuous installieren kann wegen der Software bitte lassen Sie mich es wissen.

I do like German Rhine wine…

Richard

1 Like

That’s really cool and maybe you have an answer how you can fix it up with Softaculous and how I tried to install a WP as a test, which didn’t work. That would be interesting find no exact explanations. Virtualmin is like a crossword puzzle.

Das ist echt cool und vielleicht haben sie eine Antwort wie man das ganze mit Softaculous herrichten kann und wie ich mal als Probe ein WP versucht habe zu installieren was nicht geklappt. Das wäre interessant finde keine genauen Erklärungen. Ist ja wie ein Kreuzwort Rätsel Virtualmin.

@carrabelloy well counting number of speakers isn’t really … politics… lol
I don’t know what this means:

"Und zu ihrem Punkt gebe ich Ihnen recht. Ich wollte nicht Politik anfangen, doch die sind diese Misere Schuld, weil Sie über Jahre nichts gemacht haben und das ist Investieren. "

Who isn’t doing anything for years?
What do you consider investing?

By the way, about Softaculous, I went looking a bit to see about that.
On the Softaculous community there are some topics about this.
I can see that in 2009 they were promising to pick it up “soon” -> compatibility with Webmin/Virtualmin.

Here, I see an administrator promising such version to the end of 2010: https://www.softaculous.com/board/index.php?tid=106

However, in 2019 they are only stating that there is no such support:
https://www.softaculous.com/board/index.php?tid=15592

Are you looking for this feature for yourself, of for customers?

Btw, hadn’t noticed its your first post in the forum, so for all means, welcome!!

This is this Softaculous https://www.softaculous.com/

I know what Softaculous is, have you read the links I provided?

Softaculous staff has been promising Virtualmin support for at least 11 years now. Follow the first link. I highly doubt that there will a Softaculous for Virtualmin.

Aha okay and how do you use it when you want to install something? Yes, I know some are really mean and I think about Vitualmin too. Because it is a class program from what I have seen towards vesta and others. And then I think it’s a mess when there are companies that think they are better. I can understand you then too.

Aha okay und wie nutzen Sie es dann, wenn Sie was installieren möchten? Ja ich weiß einige stellen sich echt gemein an und ich denke mir auch über Vitualmin. Denn es ist von dem was ich gesehen gegenüber vesta und anderen ein Klasse-Programm. Und dann finde ich es eine Schweinerei, wenn es Unternehmen gibt die meinen Sie wären was Besseres. Kann ich Sie dann auch verstehen dazu.

Well, honestly I install apps either by some script (depends on the software) or manually.
For example, to install wordpress it takes you like literally 5 minutes:

• use wget or curl -OL to download the package from the site
  • use unzip or tar to decompress (i don’t remember the file format now I think its zip) files to the virtualhost public_html folder
  • create a database, a database user, give rights to the database user
  • open the website on the browser and put the database details and proceed with install

most softwares can be easily installed and if you go though the documentation you get more comfortable with the files, installing it yourself, seeing the configuration files and how its done, it will help you in the future to find problems with those software you’re using.

Sorry to be blunt here, but you are just “whining” about that you dont like english and thats a reason to dislike the product?
Virtualmin isn’t perfect, but it gets very close to it. I tested nearly every panel out there and overall, I prefer Virtualmin. Not only because its free, but also because everything what you get with the options you can get … thats a no-brainer.
Anyways, you can’t really compare free products (or versions) against paid products. You can try to list up an down sides but even that is a big difficult because every panel usually tends to aim at a bit different type of user.

And please, that a side, keep politics and other offtopic related areas of out this section. It just screams for trouble and misunderstandings.

You just did it, if you would follow the whole process tell me a place where it was about Virtualmin. Show me just one spot. Which is or will not be found anywhere here. The only thing that I was upset about is the English. Yes, and that annoys me, because you can’t force or convert God and the world to English, and that I’m more likely to find my native language. Because this can be implemented accordingly for me. So before you bring the wrong things into the world, first read for yourself what I or other parties have written. And don’t end up feeling addressed or that you have been addressed. Thank you very much

Den haben Sie doch gerade gemacht, wenn Sie den ganzen Verlauf verfolgen würden Sagen sie mir eine Stelle wo es um Virtualmin ging. Zeigen Sie mir nur eine stelle. Die hier nirgend zu finden ist oder sein wird. Das einzige wo ich mich rüber aufgeregt habe ist das Englisch Ja und das nervt mich schon, da man nicht Gott und die Welt zu Englisch zwingen oder bekehren kann, und das ich meiner heimatlichen Sprache eher anzufinden bin. Da diese für mich dementsprechend umsetzbar ist. Also bevor Sie falsche Dinge in die Welt setzen lesen Sie erstmal selbst was ich oder andere Parteien geschrieben haben. Und kommen nicht zum Schluss angesprochen sich zu fühlen oder das Sie angesprochen worden sind. Dankeschön

How do you mean that I tend to find the errors with this software and how can I upload it via the panel itself. Thank you for your support.

Wie meinen Sie das genau, dass ich bei dieser Software eher die Fehler finde und wie kann ich das hochladen über das Panel selbst. Dankeschön für Ihre Unterstützung.

Just two of the many lines.
I can understand that you are unhappy that english is used so often in germany and the rest of the world, but it’s a world language for a reason.

To some extend even your german is sometimes a bit odd. Which makes it harder to actually get what you want to express.