Ich muss ihm Recht geben

On the Pro (Paid) version of Virtualmin, WordPress is one of the scripts available in the Script Installer.

Richard

I am sure you can find tutorials for using virtualmin and how to install Wordpress in plain German!
I am sure that if you google it on German google with whatever word for “install” in German and “virtualmin” you’ll find tutorials for sure. German people are tech savvy and I don’t believe for a second there aren’t many guides and instructions for a variety of topics.

You can learn English and get access to all the resources online that will allow you to learn about anything

Or

You can also improve your Googling skills and find the same resources in German I’m sure they exist. And you can learn everything as well.

But before anything you should want to learn something.

1 Like

WordPress is also in Virtualmin GPL. Has been for a few years. But, there are an extra ~90 or so others in Pro.

I beg your pardon, out of curiosity, how old are you? What second language did you pick to learn at school?

Personally, I’ve always wished gcc compiler errors were in Pig Latin. But you know what they say… “ishway inyay oneyay andhay, itshay inyay ethay otheryay. eesay ichwhay andhay illsfay upyay irstfay.”

1 Like

sorry, don’t understand this thread…

as a German myself: whatever is presented as German above isn’t — it’s full of bugs, imo not even some school German… feels like coming from another language translated by a bad tool in to … German

Again, not sure whats going on here, but it’s not about German

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @skywalker89. It’s an odd topic. Who knows why it was started and what it aimed to achieve.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words, but for me it’s not just WordPress that is at the forefront, but something like a social network. What I already started under Wikimedia and want to put everything back online. So it doesn’t stop at Wordpress.
Nevertheless, I would like to thank everyone involved again. But it is easier to find something in a group than on Google alone. I also don’t use Chrome or a Google search engine. But DuckDuck and my Firefox. Everything else does not come on my computer. No Windows scrap. Linux only. If I need a monitoring center then I can build it myself.
Stay and thank you again for the information
Dankeschön für ihre netten Worte ,doch bei mir ist es nicht nur WordPress was ganz vorne steht, sondern sowas wie ein soziales Netzwerk. Was ich schon unter Wikimedia angefangen habe und alles wieder online stellen will. Von daher hört es nicht bei Wordpress auf.
Ich danke trotzdem noch mal allen Beteiligten. Doch in einer Gruppe ist es einfach was zu finden als alleine bei Google. Zudem nutze ich kein Chrome und kein Google Suchmaschine. Sondern DuckDuck und mein Firefox. Alles andere kommt nicht bei mir auf den Rechner. Kein Windows Schrott. Nur Linux. Wenn ich eine Abhörzentrale brauche dann kann ich mir die selber Bauen.
Bleiben Sie und Dankeschön nochmal für die Auskunft
This is mey beast Baby :wink:

@Ilia And how old are you ? Do you have a driver’s license ? I think if you can already drive a car, then you can certainly drive a truck. Why don’t they do that
Und wie alt sind sie ? Haben Sie einen Führerschein ? Denke ich mir wenn Sie schon Autofahren können, dann können sie bestimmt auch einen Truck fahren. Why don’t they do that. And, if there is no interest in English, I have often been told why should and must I know English. Who think this way will be more. With this in mind, stay healthy. Warum tun sie das nicht. Und wenn kein Interesse an Englisch besteht schon öfters Mitgeteilt warum soll und muss ich Englisch können. Die so denken werden mehr. In diesem Sinne bleiben Sie gesund.

To carrabelloy:

To put it straight:

To hate a language (!) is odd, and to insult the native speakers and others, using it all over the world, with sometimes funny situations, shows only your bad manners. Didn’t your parents tell you, that this is nothing to be proud of?

Or you are old enough to remember the times, when there were two Germanys, the FRG and GDR; and you grew up in GDR, learning russian etc?

Then you should know really better.

Of course german is the language of Schiller and Goethe, the Solchenizyn of the 18th century as Ulrich Roski in his song " Des Pudels Kern".

But you are walking around in a business, which runs 99% on english. You are using english words every day without in the meanwhile realizing they are not german at all. And there are a lot of “false friends” like handy, which no english native speaker will understand, because they all call this “mobile”.

To make a long story short: If you want everything in german, you have two options, because everything in the world can be broken down to a binary decision:

1. Accept it as it is
  2. Change it.
    2.1 Do it yourself or
    2.2 get someone to do it for you
    2.2.1 Someone does it for free
    2.2.2. You will have to pay someone for doing it.

Getting Open Source Software for free doesn’t bear the right for you that it has to come up to every of your expectations.

Get over it.

Die deutsche Fassung:

Um es mal gerade heraus zu sagen:

Eine Sprache (!) zu hassen ist seltsam und eine Beledigung für alle englischen Muttersprachler und diejenigen, die Englisch tagtäglich im Beruf und privat verwenden, wobei es zu lustigen Situationen kommen kann, zeigt nur Ihr schlechtes Benehmen. Haben Sie nicht zuhause gelernt, daß eine solche Aussage nichts ist, worauf man stolz sein kann?

Oder sind SIe alt genug, um sich daran zu erinnern, daß es mal zwei Deutschlands gab, die BRD und die DDR, und Sie in der DDR aufgewachsen sind und Russisch lernten?

Dann sollten Sie es wirklich besser wissen.

Natürlich ist Deutsch die Sprache von Schiller und Goethe, des Solschenizin des 18. Jahrhunderts, wie Ulrich Roski das so schön sagt in seinem Lied “Des Pudels Kern”.

Aber Sie bewegen sich in einem Business (englisch), welches zu 99% auf Englisch aufsetzt. SIe benutzen sicher täglich laufend englische Wörter, ohne zu wissen, daß sie Englisch sind. Es gibt auch viele “falsche Freunde” wie z. B. Handy. Das versteht keiner, denn in der englischen Sprache bezeichnet man das als “mobile”.

Um eine lange Geschichte kurz zu machen. Wenn Sie alles in Deutsch haben wollen, gibt es zwei Möglichkeiten, denn alles in der Welt lässt sich auf zwei Entscheidungen herunterbrechen:

1. Akzeptiere Sie es, so wie es ist
  2. Oder ändern Sie es.
    2.1 Machen Sie es selbst
    2.2 Oder finden Sie jemanden, der es für Sie macht.
    2.2.1 VIelleicht macht da jemand für Sie kostenlos
    2.2.2 Oder Sie müssen jemand dafür bezahlen

Daß Sie Open Source Software kostenlos bekommen, gibt Ihnen nicht das Recht, zu erwarten, daß die Software alle Ihre Wünsche erfüllt.

Kommen Sie darüber weg.

j_m

PS: You can try deepL.com, which yields very good results. And no, i didn’t use it, i am fluent in both languages.

Sie können deepL.com ausprobieren, die Ergebnisse sind sehr gut. Und nein, ich habe es nicht verwendet, ich spreche beide Sprachen flüssig.

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in. I don’t understand it, either…it feels a bit weirdly nationalistic and hostile toward folks who primarily speak English. (I’m always studying other languages on Duolingo and Memrise, but I’m not fluent enough in anything other than English to write it in docs or speak it in videos, and as a mostly open source project that barely makes any money we don’t have any money for human translations).

I understand folks wanting to understand the tools they use, and wanting support in their native tongue. We welcome translations from volunteers and we spend a lot of time interacting with translators to help them be productive. You can look at our history on this front for proof of that. Webmin has had internationalization support for literally decades, and we always credit translators in our changelogs and such. We can’t do it, because we are primarily English speakers (Ilia speaks Russian, too), but we provide as much support as we can to those who can, and Ilia and Jamie have spent tons of time on making sure there are many translations in Webmin/Virtualmin (recently Ilia made a tool to insure 100% translation coverage using Google Translate to fill in gaps in the human translations…not perfect, but it is at least a good start).

So…if anyone wants more docs, videos, etc. about Webmin in German, or any other language, we encourage folks to make them. We simply can’t and there’s no money to hire people who can. I’m not sure what more folks expect of us. We already put so much effort into internationalization, it’s kinda hurtful to imply we’re being imperialists or something weird like that, just because we use our native tongue most of the time.

1 Like

Totally agree with you @skywalker89, I was following the thread last night, and I don’t actually know what’s going on here xD
I was also thinking to correct some German posts.
They look like homework from my students translated by Google :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Personally, I would simply forward him to a place, where there are people like him.
It kind of feelings like trolling here.
There are litterally shit tones of tutorials in the internet, doesnt matter which search enginge you use.
I rarely see such a misbehaving user in a community asking for help and then complain about it.
This topic is gone so offtopic, but on the other hand was it a real topic in the beginning? Anways, I am not sure whats the goal here.

@Joe Dont let users like that or in general prevent you from doing good work. I like how it currently goes. If you need translation, I can always help.

1 Like

Schön das Sie den Prolog dazu halten konnten und zeigen konnten das Sie beide Sprachen beherrschen und das Sie so toll gebildet sind. Klasse für Sie. Doch wären sie das Genießen konnten, mussten in Deutschland, weltweit Leute die Systemrelevante Berufe ausüben, während Sie sich doch so herzlich Bilden konnten. Während andere somit Aufgaben erledigt haben, dass Sie das konnten. Doch daran kann ich sehen wie Egoistisch ein Teil der Gesellschaft geworden ist und andere damit Ausgrenzen und nichts dafür tun. Spenden gerne nehmen und gleichzeitig Ihre Egoistische Haltung weiterhin fortsetzen. Denn sonst wäre man diese Art und Weise anders angegangen und hätte ein Übersetzung-Tool einpflegt in die Seite was gleichzeitig jedem die Möglichkeit gegeben, es zu Übersetzen. Das Forum hätte man gleichzeitig Mehrsprachig ausstatten können. Zum einen da es sich in einer Gruppe schneller Erröten lässt und gleichzeitig alle davon Profitieren. Doch was hier und nicht nur hier betreiben wird, ist eindeutig ein Zeichen das Ihn ein Teil der Gesellschaft egal ist. Hauptsache ich und immer Ich. Von daher passt schon und haben Sie weiterhin den Erfolg das Sie beide Sprachen beherrschen. Mein Erfolg ist es anderen Menschen mit meinem Systemrelevanten Job geholfen zu haben und trotzdem als Hobby mir sehr viel über Software & Hardware mir beigebracht habe. Und das ohne Englisch und dabei auf diese gepfiffen. Da es in meiner Gesellschaft nicht nötig ist. Für mich ist damit das Kapitel geschlossen und Virtualmin gelöscht und steige um auf ein System wo mehr Sprachen genauso Gewicht haben. Das Geld, was Sie bekommen haben. Hinterlasse ich als Spende. Vielleicht haben Sie damit mal einen Anfang bekommen über sowas Grundsätzlich nachzudenken. Wie jeder von Ihnen. Bleiben Sie alle gesund und Tschüss.

The text is an international adage about wishful thinking translated to Pig Latin – a “fun” language invented by American children for children.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.