HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/2.021

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.2
Virtualmin version 7.7

Howdy

under the tab Create Scheduled Backup I found the following:

HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/2.021 Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 07:11:21 GMT Content-type: text/html; Charset=utf-8 Connection: close

ERROR — PERL EXECUTION FAILED

Undefined subroutine &virtual_server::can_use_gcloud_storage_creds called at /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/cloud-lib.pl line 304.

That line shows:

[292] ######## Functions for Google Cloud Storage ########
[293] 
[294] sub cloud_google_get_state
[295] {
[296] if ($config{'google_account'} &&
[297]     ($config{'google_oauth'} || $config{'google_rtoken'})) {
[298] 	return { 'ok' => 1,
[299] 		 'desc' => &text('cloud_gaccount',
[300] 				 "<tt>$config{'google_account'}</tt>",
[301] 				 "<tt>$config{'google_project'}</tt>"),
[302] 	       };
[303] 	}
[304] elsif (&can_use_gcloud_storage_creds()) {

I tried to solve with restarting webmin and then rebooting the system, unsuccessfully: that alert is still there.

How can I fix?

Thank you in advance.

Same problem on Centos 7.9.2009.

I removed the following lines from /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/cloud-lib.pl and works, tempfix

lsif (&can_use_gcloud_storage_creds()) {
return { ‘ok’ => 1,
‘desc’ => $text{‘cloud_gcpcreds’},
};
}

2 Likes

Same issue here, tempfix resolved the issue for me as well.

Also fixed for me. Debian 11

1 Like

Hi there,
I’ve got exactly same problem. But after i deleted those lines from 304, i restarted server but i still got errors on scheduled backups.
But i know where is the error, or at least at me:

Creating backup for virtual server **subdomain.test.tld** ..
    Copying virtual server configuration ..
    .. done

Copying records in DNS domain ..
    .. domain not found!

This error occurs after i upgraded webmin!
It seems it is not working to backup for subdomain virtual servers and all in the alphabetical orders after that failed subdomain backup, it will intrerrupt everything else.
Any solution? Beside deleting those line, because i still cannot backup subservers!

On mine it is only the DNS that fails. Rest is backed up fine.Sub domain doesn’t actually have its’ own DNS if I recall correctly.

That and a cert, renewed today, isn’t working.

The problem continues

The problem is only in subdomains.

The error works on virtual servers indeed, i cant tell about the sub-servers and why not working.

From past experience, having a sub-domain (subserver) always had some issues (certs, webmin users, apps, backup and restore and so on), so what i`ve done instead, even if i have a sub.domain.tld, i actually set it as virtual server, instead of a sub-server, which works way much better from all aspects.

There`s an update now that looks like fixed the issue: Fix to test `can_use_gcloud_storage_creds` as available in Pro only · virtualmin/virtualmin-gpl@b9ea84c · GitHub

This issue has already been fixed in Virtualmin 7.7-2 version, and can just be installed from the repos.

I am a bit confused about how to install 7.7.2 from repos?!
Is there a way to update, or we have to start from scratch with a new install.
At my version looks like i have Virtualmin 7.7 and i installed 2 years ago.
I don’t wanna lose servers and all configurations.

No! You should never start from scratch. Running the install script again would be very destructive (assuming you ignored all the warnings and made it run anyway).

Updates are always available from your package manager (and in the Virtualmin GUI), and you did not install version 7.7 two years ago, as that version was only released a couple days ago. So, you’ve managed to update as recently as two days ago, so keep doing that.

That is not the same issue.

Thanks,
I only did apt-get update && upgrade
I suppose the package 7.7.2 is not available to everyone? Because i don’t have any update in software package updates under Webmin-System. I did indeed an update, but i thought that was webmin version renewed. But the first install of webmin/virtualmin was 2 years ago.
BTW:

Ubuntu Linux 20.04.6
Webmin version 2.021  Usermin version 1.861
Virtualmin version 7.7   Authentic theme version 20.21 

Please open new topics for new problems. Problems updating are unrelated to this bug. When you do, please include your virtualmin.list file from /etc/apt/sources.list.d, as that is most likely the source of the problem (or will tell me where I made a mistake in rolling the update).

These lines i have in virtualmin.list under /etc/apt/sources.list.d

deb http://software.virtualmin.com/vm/6/gpl/apt virtualmin-focal main
deb http://software.virtualmin.com/vm/6/gpl/apt virtualmin-universal main

These are correct?
BTW, i had an update, but again i think on notification appear an update for webmin, several hours ago. But i still have that issue, from GUI virtualmi-backups the button for backup doesn;t work. Only if delete those lines from 304 row from cloud-lib.pl
Btw i saved the file and uploaded original now, but still i have that error.

wait for Joe’s response, but you seem to have old repo’s there, should be pointing to 7.
Maybe a edit of the line from 6 to 7 may all you need to do but I’m not a Ubuntu user.

I don’t think, because i have version 7.7, but it seems they released 7.7.2. (you can be right because i installed virtualmin from scratch 2 years ago, and possible that repos are from version 6).
I am thinking more at my timezone set in my server. Maybe i receive the update later.
I am still afraid, since i play’d with that file and i deleted those lines, maybe the update from today wasn’t working properly if i modified that file.
I received several hours earlier a new package update, but i have not looking what version i had before i hit update.
The fact is only that i have 7.7 atm.
What version appear to you?