HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/1.955

Hi all,

One of the servers I have Virtualmin in started giving an error out of nowhere:

HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/1.955 Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 15:47:03 GMT Content-type: text/html; Charset=utf-8 Connection: close

Error - Perl execution failed

Undefined subroutine &virtual_server::get_module_version_and_type called at /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/edit_newfeatures.cgi line 36.

This appears when I click in a couple of different areas of Virtualmin.
I’ve seen this error on the forum here:

On the above, the first one has no answer aside from “uninstalling and reinstalling” and as the last user posted, that is not an approach to anything…
Also, as suggested on the second link, “Refresh Modules” did nothing to solve the issue.

On link 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/1.810 someone reports the same issue but here identified to be a bug.

Using CentOS 8
A brand new Virtualmin install that has been running for approx 1 month and has been solely running since.

500 - Error - Perl execution failed
Undefined subroutine &virtual_server::get_module_version_and_type called at /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/index.cgi line 17.

Got this errors all around. How to fix? Thank you.

Restart Webmin. Likely just old libraries cached.

Edit: it is more common on CentOS 8 because there are still signal handling issues we don’t understand…restarting Webmin from within itself is still broken in some places. Jamie has checked in a workaround, I think, but it’s not out yet.

1 Like

Hi @Joe thanks a lot for your reply.

Ok will look forward for the update. It seems I opted for CentOS8 a little too soon and to install an app I don’t know that well yet.

Ok so, restarting webmin causes it to fail restart.

Rebooting the server fixed it. Not my favourite fix method but…

As mentioned, restarting from within Webmin fails. Restart it from the command line. No reboot needed.

I restarted the webmin service through the cli @Joe, don’t even know how to do it on the GUI. Would find it probably but I mean… why? lol.

So that’s it, restarting from the command line failed. reboot was needed. iirc failed on LSB networking, I figured the reboot would be more efficient given the not so good overall state of things. (perl errors all around then webmin failing to restart).

Hmm…that’s weird. As far as I know, the stop script has had a hard kill for several revisions…it should always work. I’ll have to look into it.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.