Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (Bionic Beaver) (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-129-generic x86_64)
Perl version 5.26.1
Virtualmin version: 6.14.gpl
Webmin version: 1.970
Authentic theme version: 19.70
Originally installed webmin and virtualmin around 2016-ish? I don’t remember which method.
Webmin has been working fine for years without issue.
On Jan 6 I updated Webmin to Version 1.970 (6th January 2021)
After the update, attempting to log into Webmin/Virtualmin produces:
Error - Perl execution failed
Undefined subroutine &main::authentic called at /usr/share/webmin/authentic-theme/index.cgi line 12.
There is no Webmin or Virtualmin interface.
What I have tried:
- Stopping and restarting Webmin.
- I have looked at the index.cgi file and it appears to have the same contents as the one from on the github site (authentic-theme/index.cgi at master · authentic-theme/authentic-theme · GitHub).
- I’ve checked if perl is operational with a simple hello world script (perl works)