SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Debian Linux 12
Webmin version 2.105
Usermin version 2.005
Virtualmin version 7.10.0
Theme version 21.09.5
Package updates All installed packages are up to date

Hey!

So I am about to be forced by my ISP to change the one and only IP that is assigned to my eth0 interface. I run typical set of features like LAMP, Postgre, Postfix/Dovecot etc.

Do I need to perform any actions or changing the Network Interface is enough?

Seriously…

I’ve been browsing Virtualmin Forums Archive and there was no clear instruction on how to proceed with such event. You are forced to replace your main IP. What do you do in Virtualmin?

Nothing in the docs, nothing in the forums. I guess installing fresh instance is the way it seems…

from Change from Public IP to local IP(192.168.1.100) - Virtualmin - Virtualmin Community

this is just a quick guess. You might need to have both IPs on at the same time to keep access?

On the Virtualmin tab go to Server Configuration / Change IP Address

On that screen you will see where you can change your internal and external IP addresses.

Example: Lets say you were hosting at a provider at 47.5.225.39 but you are shutting down the online host to host it locally on your own network and that address is 192.168.1.100

All you would do is open up that panel I listed above and enter the 192.168.1.100 into the current ip address and then down on the external address you would click the button that says “same as real address” and that will do it.

You would need to restart your server after that.

and look at
How to carry out a server-wide change of IP addresses? - Virtualmin - Virtualmin Community

Thank you, shoulders!

So this is the only place, right?
I was worried that I would have to go through Apache Vhosts and other various features in Virtualmin.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.