Change from Public IP to local IP(192.168.1.100)

Ubuntu 18.04
Ubuntu Linux 18.04.5
Webmin version 1.973
Usermin version 1.823
Virtualmin version 6.16

Dear admin and all friends,

I planed to change my server which already install virtualmin with public IP to local ip without setup new virtumin.

please kindly share idea about this.

It was easy for change public IP to public IP but from public IP to local IP. I never do it before.

your comment and idea very value able to me.

Best Regards,
NOV Piseth

On the Virtualmin tab go to Server Configuration / Change IP Address

On that screen you will see where you can change your internal and external IP addresses.

Example: Lets say you were hosting at a provider at 47.5.225.39 but you are shutting down the online host to host it locally on your own network and that address is 192.168.1.100

All you would do is open up that panel I listed above and enter the 192.168.1.100 into the current ip address and then down on the external address you would click the button that says “same as real address” and that will do it.

You would need to restart your server after that.

1 Like

dear sir, that is changed only one virtual server. May I find the way to change overall server using local IP?

my infrastructure the server using virtualmin is behind the router and router have public IP.

Best Regards,
NOV Piseth

@Gomez_Adams now you see when some one does not understand, meaning whole life on boat, then jump over and realized the one cannot swim at all as have no glue…you been there already.

1 Like

hello, I’m understood what you mean. may I get clear direction? thanks you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.