Php-fpm port not set properly upon restore

using RedHat 8
VirtualMin 6.17
WebMin 1.981

made several dummy servers real quick … as expected they were assigned php-fpm ports 8003, 8004, 8005 (other domains already exist on this server)

then I back up verne5.com that uses 8005.

then I delete verne5.com and the other placeholder domains, to free up ports in the 8000 range.

then I restore verne5.com and end up with php-fpm using 8003 as I would expect as that is the first free port number, BUT the apache httpd.conf file kept the older setting of 8005 – making the website not working :slight_smile:

… I assume the backup/restore captured the config item from /etc/webmin/virtual-server/domains/16420036881939632 of

php_fpm_port=8005

but I would have thought the restore code would make sure both sides of the php-fpm setup have the same port number !!

Since I am now aware of this issue, I can manually check the two settings to be sure they are the same.

And as a reminder, on RedHat8/Centos8, php-fpm is the only mode available.

Thoughts?

Verne

From experience when restoring apache settings, it will also include the port(s) and thus clash may occur. I either omit restoring apache settings or manually change the port in apache config afterwards. I use CentOS 8.5 - might be a better way but I get around this by the above.

@verne,

This actually sounds like it may be a legit bug with the restore procedure in Virtualmin as generally things of that nature are assessed during the restore process I believe and reassigned as needed.

@staff perhaps you can look into this as it definitely seems like it may require some adjustments.

This is a known bug that will be fixed in the next Virtualmin release.