Once again, problem with "Failed to save PHP options : Apache virtual host was not found"

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version AlmaLinux release 8.5
Webmin version 1.990
Virtualmin version 6.17

Had this error intermittently on different VirtualMin installations over the years.
There are some topics here in the forum, like this, this and this.

I’ve got this error here again, and don’t really know where to look.

virtualmin check-config shows no error, and outputs these lines (related to the available PHP versions):

The following PHP versions are available : 5.6.40 (/bin/php56-cgi), 7.2.24 (/bin/php-cgi), 7.4.28 (/bin/php74-cgi)

The following PHP-FPM versions are available on this system : 7.2.24 (php-fpm) 5.6.40 (php56-php-fpm) 7.4.28 (php74-php-fpm)

The following PHP execution modes are available : none fpm

The websites in question (it happens on at least two on this server) are on PHP 7.4 FPM.
Trying to change the max execution time under Servicer config / PHP options gives this when saving:

Changing maximum PHP script run time to 60 seconds ..
.. done

Updating PHP directory /home/test01/public_html to version 7.4 ..

### Failed to save PHP options : Apache virtual host was not found

The website is running, but the changes (like max execution time) are not reflected in e.g. phpinfo().

I tried recreating the Apache config by disabling the website and SSL feature for the domain, and then re-enabling it (this helped me several times in the past) - but the error remains the same.

Where to look for a reason? Any inputs/hints to where to dig deeper?

Christian

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.