MariaDB randomly tuned off and wont turn back on cauisng my wordpress site to fail to lod

My wordpress site was working fine for the last month and I did no updates to it. Now out of the blue MariaDB is turned off and wont turn back on.

I am getting the following errors:
[ERROR] Plugin ‘InnoDB’ init function returned err>
[ERROR] Plugin ‘InnoDB’ registration as a STORAGE
[ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB

Can anyone here help guide me to a solution to fix this and get my database back up and my wordpress back up.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 22.04 64bit
Virtualmin version 7.5

I tried to do this and I could not find the ```
ib_logfile0 to delte and after I uninstalled and reinstalled the mysql server as it suggests now my MariaDB is gone completly.

Feel like I am digging a bigger hole here.

So frusterating to have a fully working system, not touch it to make sure it stays running without any issues and then have your database go down and not be able to get it back.

You should never uninstall DB, sorry I didn’t see that far down. I was just seeing the delete of the files.

Well I screwed myself then… I am not sure what to do now?

Can you see the database in webmin?

I am not sure…
Error! MySQL is not running on your system - database list could not be retrieved.

MySQL error messageThe full MySQL error message was : amysqladmin: connect to server at ‘localhost’ failed error: ‘Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)’ Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ exists!

now my wordpress site no longer has a can not find database error and now has…

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

This is why I like to ask in forms like this to learn and not just follow blindly stackoverflow because i do not know enough to not screw myself and I seem to always make things worse.

what is the result of running

service mysql status

on the command line ?

mysql.service - MySQL Community Server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mysql.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)

I do not think i erased my databses when i reninstalled Mysql accoridign tot he stackoverflow posted above because it gave me a option that said you want to delete all or if you are just upgrading keep the databses and i picked keep.

there are no error lines there ??? run

service mysql start && service mysql status

I would like to just get my databaase backa nd my wordpress site up again and then figure out how to have a stable enough server that this does not happen agin out of the blue.

sudo service mysql start && service mysql status
Job for mysql.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status mysql.service” and “journalctl -xeu mysql.service” for details.

run

journalctl -xeu mysql.service

sudo journalctl -xeu mysql.service
░░ Subject: Automatic restarting of a unit has been scheduled
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: Enterprise open source support | Ubuntu
░░
░░ Automatic restarting of the unit mysql.service has been scheduled, as the result for
░░ the configured Restart= setting for the unit.
Apr 26 06:06:41 webserver.t.net systemd[1]: Stopped MySQL Community Server.
░░ Subject: A stop job for unit mysql.service has finished
░░
░░ A stop job for unit mysql.service has finished.
░░
░░ The job identifier is 2989 and the job result is done.
Apr 26 06:06:41 webserver.t.net systemd[1]: mysql.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Apr 26 06:06:41 webserver.t.net systemd[1]: mysql.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
░░ Subject: Unit failed
░░
░░ The unit mysql.service has entered the ‘failed’ state with result ‘exit-code’.
Apr 26 06:06:41 webserver.t.net systemd[1]: Failed to start MySQL Community Server.
░░ Subject: A start job for unit mysql.service has failed
░░
░░ A start job for unit mysql.service has finished with a failure.
░░
░░ The job identifier is 2989 and the job result is failed.

now

ls -alh /var/log/mysqld.log

ls -alh /var/log/mysqld.log
ls: cannot access ‘/var/log/mysqld.log’: No such file or directory