Debian 10 official support when ?

Add a seat for me! :wink:

Hello, Somes news ?

I always get a kick out of the people who say ā€œI need Virtualmin production support for this latest distro XYZā€ā€¦

And yes, I know Iā€™ll get bashā€™d for thisā€¦ get itā€¦ BASHā€™dā€¦ : )

And we hate retard people like you :wink: Go to trash.

We need the newest Debian with better security.

We donā€™t said ā€œwe needā€.
Just have a release date or know that is available give the possibility to plan migrationā€¦

+1

Hi there is a lot of work for Jamie and co.

New releases of more OS , some BUGS and some Security.

I guess while the newer OS packages themselves also have some bugs. info about release data is hard, mostly in such cases for programmers they donā€™t make it to that date, or even worse you get a ā€¦ product on that date.

YUP i/m waiting to for some, that makes live more exciting waiting waiting isnā€™t it? :wink: LONGER LAST LONGERā€¦ uh 18+

I have gone with Debian 9 on a new server to get things started (client was complaining), so iā€™m hoping to do an ā€œin placeā€ update to 10 when Virtualmin supports it, as hopefully that will be before we have to launch the siteā€¦ but iā€™m not complaining - you do such an amazing job that i really canā€™t face running a server without it, and i believe you when you say itā€™s ready, it will be ready!

So please letā€™s be polite and supportive here everyone? I guess not many of us pay for the ā€œproā€ version :wink:

I also pay for the pro version, and because I expect it to be stable, I donā€™t want the developers ā€œjumpingā€ at every new version of some OS until after it has proven itself stable and secure. Gotta laugh at comments that say ā€œthe latest is the most stableā€ā€¦ wow.

Put it this way. :wink:

The latest stable release should be the most stable. ( Microsoft knows how that works very well) :wink:

Not for joke making always new versions of Linuxesā€¦

True, very trueā€¦

So, who wants a bucket of popcorn? :smiley:

(jokes aside, just 3 days ago a recent reply was posted in this thread: https://www.virtualmin.com/node/67265 , with this line of text ā€œSorry for the delay guys, we are working on Debian 10 support though, and hope to release it soon!ā€, in case you are interested.)

If anyone would like to do some beta testing, the new Virtualmin version has support for the software included in Debian 10. Weā€™re still testing, but if youā€™d like to give it a try feel free:

https://www.virtualmin.com/node/67528

@andreychek: where is the beta testing version? I would like to test it. You link points to nothing.

I also asked the question: is it possible to install Webmin on Debian 10, did a search and found this post along with a solution here

How To Install Webmin on Debian 10 Linux

https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-install-webmin-on-debian-10/

I havenā€™t tried it yet but wondered if there has been any progress since the last post in this forum.

looking forwardā€¦

Does virtualmin automatic install via script officially suport Debian 10?
Or still not support?

I give it up, too much time wait for Debian 10 and CentOS 8. Chinese corporations like AApanel is finished for all new Linux releases, Virtualmin sleeping many months. Choosing other free method, this is horribleā€¦

@18boyboykidtommy

That one has much more Programmers working

Virtualmin Webmin has less takes more time.

If you want fast ( it has to be with as little BUGS as possible) go and pay some buck, then they can provide more man/women/, power.

Bigger panels not free have more people / programmers while custommers pay.

YUP iā€™m waiting to CENTOS8 , but you comment is out of line here and not done. for GPL ā€¦ the way you did.