Cyber panel vs virtualmin

Hello, I know what I’m about to say is going to be controversial and biased on this website however, I would like an honest opinion between the two candidates that our company is deciding to go with.

We’ve narrowed it down to these two contenders my IT personnel has worked with both and both people have given me their opinions on both and why they pick their their favorite software. However I would like to hear from the community itself the pros and cons of each cost factor etc. etc.

The criteria that I am looking for:

Number one security
Number two flexibility
Number three cost
number three the ability to install Apache2 with nixing
the ability to install software such as next cloud
the ability to have secured email
the ability to monitor email
the ability to install docker containers

These are some of the IT questions that I’m getting from my IT department

A little bit of background on my age LOL I started working for Wozniak, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs while we were still trying to figure how computers work in our garage is I worked in the industry. LOL a long time ago I somewhat kept up with the new technology but before I release my IT department I would like an honest opinion from the community who works on the software. I know it’s a web GUI type interface for different operating systems and the actual operating system does it have the heavy lifting. And I know both have their different uses.

And I’ve seen both interfaces one seems to be ease-of-use the other seems to be a little bit more complicated and dated

So with that I have added and let me know. LOL please keep the insults to a minimum. I’m old

I have used both … cyber panel installs the litespeed web server (not apache or nginx).
From the time using each panel Cyber panel seems to be aimed at popping up a few domains and a few email addresses
on points 1,2,4(second 3) virtualmin will be a better bet

Thank you

I have done more research and found you are right virtualmin is the better choice here

I have used both and my opinion:

security – Virtualmin
flexibility – Virtualmin
cost – Virtualmin
the ability to install Apache2 with nixing – I switched to Nginx a couple years back and never turned back since so I rather not comment on this one
the ability to install software such as next cloud – Not familiar with NextCloud
the ability to have secured email – Virtualmin
the ability to monitor email – Not sure what you mean by “monitor” here
the ability to install docker containers – I don’t use a control panel for servers hosting docker containers

Number two (Flexibility) basically addresses all your other points tbh and Webmin+Virtualmin is miles ahead of any other panel out there (I have tried a decent number of them through the years).

3 Likes

Warning! Warning - errors were found in this domain’s DNS records : NS record ns1.4mserver.com. cannot be resolved to an IP address

Record name Type Value
host.4mserver.com SOA - Start Of Domain host.4mserver.com. root.host.4mserver.com. 2022100903 3600 600 1209600 3600
host.4mserver.com NS - Name Server host.4mserver.com.
host.4mserver.com NS - Name Server ns1.4mserver.com.
host.4mserver.com NS - Name Server ns2.4mserver.com.
host.4mserver.com A - IPv4 Address 45.79.75.224
www.host.4mserver.com A - IPv4 Address 45.79.75.224
ftp.host.4mserver.com A - IPv4 Address 45.79.75.224
m.host.4mserver.com A - IPv4 Address 45.79.75.224
localhost.host.4mserver.com A - IPv4 Address 127.0.0.1
mail.host.4mserver.com A - IPv4 Address 45.79.75.224
host.4mserver.com MX - Mail Server 5 mail.host.4mserver.com.
host.4mserver.com SPF - Sender Permitted From v=spf1 a mx a:host.4mserver.com ip4:45.79.75.224 ip4:45.79.75.224 ip6:2600: …
host.4mserver.com A - IPv4 Address 127.0.0.1

how do I revolve this error

Please open new topics for new questions.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.