Authentic is Webmin/Usermin theme based on Bootstrap and Font Awesome that you just longed to get.

@Joe - thank you for the license - I will take a look when I have time and try to make Authentic support Cloudmin as well.

@Joe - will new Webmin 2.0 be back-compatible with current themes? Is there a dev/preview version?

@fakemoth I got your email, thank you! About your points, well expire session bug as you call it is most likely should be addressed to Jamie as it concerns Webmin, right? Does this bug show in other themes as well? About WYSIWYG editor - sure, just switched to original theme - I know what you mean! I will add it as soon as I have more time. (or in breaks between work)

The other themes are OK, I don’t think it’s a bug in Webmin/Virtualmin, only in Authentic: in the default theme when the sessions expire you are completely logged out and presented with only the authentication fields, without the left menu frame.

Ahh, alright! Understood.

It’s said that there is new API for building menus? Where is it, how can we use it?

is it list_combined_webmin_menu(&data, &in), right?

I found a few more issues Ilia:

-Maybe important: the File Manager, don’t know why is getting an even uglier look in Authentic. Clearly the panes are greyer, the icon theme is changed (looks lika a very old one, as I do recognize it), and the fonts are so small you can’t read squat, even if in settings fonts are set large. Using openSUSE 13.1 x86_64, Iced Tea;

-Fingerprinting for free: In the login window the Webmin version is displayed - I don’t think it is a good ideea to let everyone know what version someone uses. Imagine the scenario where the guy didn’t patch his Webmin/Virtualmin for like 2 years.

-Cosmetical and more of a wish: Everything in Webmin and it’s brothers is displayed making good use of a column arrangement of the icons. In Authentic it looks more like a list of links. You said you are considering using glyphs, that would be awesome. Please don’t forget also to rearrange somehow the elements in page so you can minimise the scroll and avoid a somehow a tiresome look, which are emphasized by the fact that your theme is using higher line-height and ample spaces, for nice clean look.

Thanks. Ah, the guys rolled some new updates to the panels, with a new API!

Thank you for your points! I will take a look at it a bit later.

Jamie, Joe, Andrey, could you guys please provide an example of how list_combined_webmin_menu could be used? Do I need to create external webmin_menu.pl inside of the theme?

Could you please provide an example as I have no time at all to play with this. It would make next Authentic release more realistic (meaning, time-frame).

The API for the menu is in Webmin, but not yet in Virtualmin; so that function won’t do anything useful yet. The next Virtualmin and Cloudmin releases will include support for that feature (the way it works is Webmin asks modules if they need to put anything into the menu, and then sends the resulting combined menu to the theme).

It’s coming; but not ready yet. There will be an example to work from in the next version of the Virtualmin Framed Theme, which will roll out in concurrence with the next Virtualmin release. Jamie is still coding this feature. Webmin needed to roll out first, because once the change happens in Virtualmin, it won’t work with older versions of Webmin or themes. Give it another couple of days (this is a holiday weekend, and I think Jamie has been spending time with his family rather than coding much).

I see. It will also fail working with my theme unless I update it, right?

I’m not sure how it will be migrated in Virtualmin, though it’s very likely that what already works in existing themes (of which there’s really only the Virtualmin Framed Theme that is fully functional, and your theme that’s close to being fully functional, and maybe the also-new Finally theme is also mostly functional, for Virtualmin) will continue to work as-is for a long while.

But, merging the new function into your code should be much easier than all the other menu stuff you’ve worked on. And, it’ll probably provide a bit of code you can add to your theme.pl (or your index.cgi) to convert the data structure provided by this function into HTML that you can style and customize however you like.

In short, it shouldn’t be hard to update your theme to use the new function. If it is, We can tweak it until it’s nicer.

Great, I will keep watching over up-coming updates. :wink:

Thanks, Joe!

Updated to version 6.6.0

• Added basic support for Cloudmin module
  • Added TinyMCE text editor for Mail modules
  • Fixed display issues in Mail modules
  • Fixed login page being displayed inside of the right frame, when session is expired
  • Fixed all possible issues with missing input fields, in all modules, including ProFTPd module
  • Fixed minor UI bugs

Notice: There are some probles with graphs in Virtualmin Pro versions and in some other places, I’m aware of that and will fix it next time.

Please welcome, new and very big update of Authentic Theme, v.7.0.0.

I will look into the new menu generating Webmin functions codes after the Xmas.

Hope you like new 7.0.0 update.

Thank you.

Updated. Thanks Ilia, love your work!

Thank you! :smiley:

Updated to version 8.0.0

• Added Quick Search. No more searching through the menus. Hit Alt+S (⌄S) and start typing to see what you get. When you use suggestions from dropdown, you get quick access to the modules; if you just type and hit enter you get the regular search
  • Added Quick Toggle. It lets you quickly switch between Webmin/Virtualmin/Cloudmin. To toggle use Alt+W (⌄W) / Alt+V (⌄V) / Alt+C (⌄C)
  • Added support for TimePlot for Pro versions of Virtualmin to display System Statistics
  • Added search for CodeMirror files
  • Added basic support for Webminstats module :paperclip:
  • Updated CodeMirror to the latest version 4.10
  • Updated DataTables to the latest version 1.10.4
    *Fixed stray tag :paperclip:
  • Fixed sticking out tables on very long content :paperclip:
  • Fixed ConfigServer Security & Firewall UI bugs
  • Fixed minor UI bugs fixes

How’d you convince TimePlot to work alongside the JQuery in Boostrap? I found it wouldn’t work, even when configured to use the noConflict mode and fixed paths, but I didn’t dig too deep as I’m already working on a Rickshaw based history module that will replace System Statistics graphs.

Rickshaw is cool. I was looking at it yesterday. I could integrate it with ease as data-formats are not the same. TimePlot was annoying a bit, yes! To make it work, the point was to make sure that TimePlot api loads before any other js scripts - then TimePlot and all the rest of the apps are fine. :slight_smile: Sometimes it’s much more simple than we expect.