Authentic is Webmin/Usermin theme based on Bootstrap and Font Awesome that you just longed to get.

I have installed it. It is great, thanks for this theme

You are welcome! :wink:

Hello, we (all, I think, the entire Virtualmin community) are so glad you and the *min team are working on refreshing the panels themes. Congrats and just wanted to tell all those themes are looking awesome!

Ilia, do you think is it safe for us to use it with webmin&virtualmin&usermin&cloudmin in a production environment? Can you somehow notify us when you think it is? Your development rate is rather fast paced (pls pls keep it up!) and your versioning scheme is somehow not talking by itself. What do you think is this a beta, a RC or a final (there isnā€™t such things as final in design, but still, from a technical point of view)? And please donā€™t forget us, the Firefox users.

Everybody: can one have any problems, security ones, via some themes? I donā€™t really know how the theme system functions so I am simply asking, nothing else.

Thank you for your effort, everything is looking great.

Thanks for your comment!! I personally use my theme in production environment and see no problems with that. It will not damage anything (I surely believe). I even asked Webmin/Virtualmin team to look through the server-side code for checking it for security issues and they promised to reply soon. Not that I think there is any security issues, just to check and make sure that I could safely refer to this checkup on my GitHub page.

There are opened issues on GitHub and I will fix them when I have time. You can always report a suggestion/bug or request a new language on GitHub page https://github.com/authentic-theme/authentic-theme/.

The theme is in stable Beta (Beta - meaning always improving).

Regards,
Ilia

Joe, hi! Joe, I wanted to ask you about this issue that was started on GitHub about Virtualmin module.

Some guy says that last two options are missing, please see: https://github.com/authentic-theme/authentic-theme/issues/7#issuecomment-61406407

Dear Joe, hi! I havenā€™t heard a long time from you? I hope youā€™re doing well!

I just updated to version 6.0.0. Fixed/added a lot of stuff for Virtualmin.

Please take a look.

I would like to ask you to fix those missing parts on the right side that are processed by Virtualmin module.
Please be kind reading my comment in details about this issue:

Cheers,
Ilia

Weā€™ll be talking about the missing menu items at our company meeting on Thursday afternoon (a few hours from now). Itā€™ll probably require Jamieā€™s help to fix it, as I have a hard time understanding it (which means theme designers certainly shouldnā€™t be expected to understand it!). But, if Jamie doesnā€™t have time to tackle it, Iā€™ll start poking at it; Jamie can probably do it in a day, I can probably get it done and tested in a week. :wink:

:)) Perfect! Letā€™s hope Jamie will do it!

Thank you!

Uuu, so this is becoming somewhat of an ā€œendorsed theme/approved by Virtualminā€! Glad to see the developers working with members of the community as always; also good thinking guys keeping the 2 separate (functions/internals and design/themes), as it is done in every (mostly web) good apps. And Virtual/Cloud/Webmin surely is one hell of a software, I can barely imagine the amount of work gone into itā€¦

After this issue is solved I think it is as good as an Release Candidate. And I will surely throw it to my production servers.

I installed 6.4 on my secondary webmin only DNS server. It looks better than in the screenshots! And itā€™s very snappy also. Oh, and a nice loader :slight_smile:

If you would consider it, and have the time, priorities aside, maybe you could ad some glyphicons which are easier to add, especially where people are used to see icons; but I know it will take lots of time, with so many options.

Maybe icons itā€™s too much as it is such a clean design. But glyphs > go for them.

Another suggestion: you have a nice menu for shortcuts in the upper left, is this editable somehow? Or can you add the (so hated by me, but necessary) File Manager?

Will also report on GH the bugs I will find, if any.

Good job!

Thank you for your kind words! :slight_smile:

Will see about the glyphicons.

Quick access menu is hardcoded and I definitely could add file-manager there.

I might add non-javascript file-manager one day later but canā€™t promise 100% yet.

Please submit to GitHub any bugs you find, I will fix them as quickly as possible.

Hi Ilia, I like your theme very much. I am using it few days and I appreciate your professional work. Theme has beautiful and clean design and also high usability (almost like the old theme). Also responsive design is good. Please keep improving this theme. I will keep testing.

Thank you! You say almost like the old theme - could you please tell me which functionality youā€™re missing? Is it the missing menus on Virtualmin? (This will be fixed soon). Anything else?

And thank you for your donation! It means a lot for me. I will continue to improve the theme!

Thank you for introducing the File Manager > Quick Menu in the latest vs! And I see that you linked here from GitHub so I guess itā€™s ok to report the problems/whishes here. So:

1. Maybe important: During the package updates can you somehow hide the loader and present the old Webmin/Virtual/Cloud info? It is weird for people not to know what is happening during that critical process. I meanā€¦ the system might as well freeze.

2. Cloudmin information missing in System Information (first page) andā€¦ no Cloudmin at all (doesnā€™t it support it maybe?) and statistics (the graphs) missing, but I recall you wrote something/somwhere about this last oneā€¦

3. In the quick menu > Change language and theme I think we can live without it because: people rarely use it (once); it takes space and there are more important options; who would want to switch from Authentic :slight_smile: ?

4. Where one has multiple columns, with info, for example in /?virtualmin, the order icons overlap the names of the column even if there is planty of space on the screen. Maybe that exact table should be more ā€œgenerousā€ on big resolutions.

5. Cosmetical issue: when in mobile, in certain areas the action buttons do not stack, they are outside the tables, and scrollbar appeares. Try the Networking > Linux Firewall for example.

6. Cosmetical Issue: when in certain areas, the blue buttons bellow and out of the table (div class panel panel-default I think) itā€™s cca 5px to the right, not alligned to the right margin of the table. Try Hardware > Edit Disk Partitions > the Return to Disk list button

7. Cosmetical issue: mentioned Hardware > Edit Disk Partitions because the second Add logical partition button is in fact a link not the same class like the other button(s). I saw this at least 2 more times but right now I donā€™t remember where, usually when in Webmin we have something like:

info---------------------------------

button | button | button

some other info/table------

button | button | button

1. We (I) used to have nice personalized logos, for Webmin/Virtualmin and Usermin authentication page, and also inside the panels after logging in, left-upper corner, individualized per server and so on. You know, that our clients can enjoy (not) :slight_smile: or at least remember our company. How do we add those?

2. Important: In Usermin, no WYWIWYG editor in HTML mode.

Cosmetical/Usability: Also the To: Cc: and Bcc: fields are huge. The Bcc: field is off to the right by 20px. BTW in Usermin IS necessary to leave the Change Language and Theme stuff in the Quick menu, due to the amount of users. And it has the same (minor) probs: the blue button is off, the table (for example when you read an email is small on bigger screens).

Cosmetical: The two icons (Find email with the same sender and Create filter by sender) when you read an email, for the Mail Headers > From/To/Date/Subject, are all in different sized cells. Maybe the best dimension is the smalles one (To). Can you break Usermins ordering and put the date first, and all the tables will come down nicely one after the other?

3. Important: If a session expires, the left menu doesnā€™t dissappear, leaving info visibile to unathorized dudes; this happens everywhere.

4. I guess you already addressed this problem: the Virtualmin default landing page is uber ok in terms of layout, condensed info etc. Maybe the best one. But Authentic doesnā€™t even remotely look like it, no dropdown for domains and stuff. I think this was the issue that the Virtualmin team (Joe and Jamie) must fix?

PS do you need this level of feedback right now (cosmetical stuff) or are you just in a hunting-big-bugs-phase?

Thank you for such detailed suggestions.

I can promise that I will try/do all that you offer as I find your remarks/suggestions important!

The only thing, that I canā€™t do much until the middle of December, as I have my dream project finishing by this time. I did Authentic Theme to relax away from my main stream development and got sucked unexpectedly very deeply :))

About language/theme changing - well I agree with you on that but there was other folks that wanted it for some strange reason.

About Cloudmin - will do it with pleasure whenevery Virtualmin team sends me developmen version. They actually offered it once and then it never happened. Probably they will, after reading it.

About other improvements - I will take a look. If itā€™s not hardcoded (part of Webmin/Usermin) I will be able to fix it. In case it is - it will take much more effort and time. But I will try.

Please go to my website, write me an email with all suggestions you posted here, so I can keep it on my desktop for future development.

Thanks,
Ilia

Hey Ilia,

Iā€™ve issued a Cloudmin Professional license for you; you can find it in your Software Licenses tab in the account page. Apologies for the delay. Eric and I talked about it, and agreed to issue a license, but neither of us actually made it happen. :wink:

Jamie and I talked about the menu functionality a few days ago, and at that point heā€™d started work on pushing the work down into Virtualmin and Webmin (and Cloudmin); the Webmin functions were finished, and the Virtualmin work was in progress.

There will be a new mechanism in Webmin for modules to push their own menus, or push items into existing menus. He hasnā€™t completed that work just yet, so I donā€™t know details of the implementation yet, but Iā€™ll likely be rolling a new version of Webmin and Virtualmin with that functionality sometime this week. It will require a little bit of code re-factoring on your part (and my part in my theme), but it will be dramatically less code, and hopefully, itā€™ll be something theme developers can drop into their theme without having to understand the Perl code, and can just style it with CSS and maybe minor HTML tweaks within the Perl function. Cloudmin will likely trail a little behind that, but will also get the menu overhaul. I havenā€™t really started working on Cloudmin support in my theme yet, either, though I expect it to be mostly trivial changes, especially after the new menu code is completed.

Oh, and on the change language and theme issue; the user who asked for it, wanted to be able to change Language easily. It just so happens that the ā€œeasyā€ (and nearly always available, even to non-root users) way to change language for each individual user is on the Change Language and Theme page.

That may be a usability question we want to talk about at some point. Should there be a separate ā€œChange Languageā€ and ā€œChange Themeā€ page for end users? Given that a lot of Webmin themes are actually non-functional for Virtualmin and Cloudmin, and having users be able to change to those is actually dangerous, I kinda lean toward being able to make it impossible to change themes for users and hide that option entirely. Then again, we are on the verge of a theme renaissance with so many new (and good!) themes in development.

But, itā€™s probably something that has to be re-thought in Webmin 2.0, as a lot of these major changes are going to be.

@Ilia: ā€œI can promise that I will try/do all that you offer as I find your remarks/suggestions important!ā€ thank you, in the name of all Virtualmin users.

@Ilia: ā€œPlease go to my website, write me an email with all suggestions you posted here, so I can keep it on my desktop for future development.ā€ Done! BTW, for the record his website is https://rostovtsev.ru/

@Joe&Ilia: ā€œIā€™ve issued a Cloudmin Professional license for youā€ such nice guys!

@Joe: ā€œI kinda lean toward being able to make it impossible to change themes for usersā€ of course but only for the deprecated/dangerous themes, which should only be removed; I hope the option will still be there since you are offering (the new future) themes exactly for this purpose. Let 'em be free, as free as the admins think they should :slight_smile: The current behaviour is fine in my opinion

@Ilia ā€œAnd about the load - you can dismiss the loader by clicking on it with your right mouse button two times!!ā€ EHrmm, OK, didnā€™t know that :slight_smile:

Ilia I will roll for good your theme in Usermin as soon as you fix maybe the two most important bugs: the expire session one and the missing WYSIWYG editor for HTML mode.

And about the loader - you can dismiss the loader by clicking on it with your right mouse button two times!! ;)) It will go away and shows you whatā€™s happening there.