Apt addition methods are not being adhered to causing errors Cloudmin Debian 12

Might want to update the way you add .asc files or apt keys so that we don’t get these error messages and have people breaking stuff that isn’t broken because they are getting error messages. Supposedly the method was changed to improve upon security.

So if that is true we need to ensure also that folks are secure as they can be out of the box.

Here is the proper way to add keys so you don’t get error messages…
ONLY AN EXAMPLE:

curl -sS https://download.spotify.com/debian/pubkey_5E3C45D7B312C643.gpg | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/spotify.gpg

We are currently installing keys using a depreciated method thus giving these error messages afaik it shouldn’t give you errors about not being right should probably update it so you bypass error messages making customers think they’ve done something wrong or stuff isn’t working etc…

Unless of course there is something that prohibits you from doing so on the script. I know Ubuntu I believe has the same type of issues from what I can tell. Its all about how keys are installed the method has changed for security purposes. News to me.

But if you’d like more info on this visit: [Fixed] apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d

I think that may help users from fiddling around trying to fix what isn’t broke and winding up in key smashing battle to get things safe and sound again and it’ll save you the headaches of answering support related questions to this maybe?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.