After Update Virtual Servers not displayed in Virtualmin & System Not Ready for use by Virtualmin

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Server 18.04.06
Webmin version 1.984
Virtualmin version 6.17-3

Running in a QEMU/KVM VM. The host machine is running Ubuntu Server 20.04.

I am running Apache with around 5 domains. No Mail Server. DNS is running on another box.

BIND9 is off and disabled at boot.

Since updating my system from the command line using sudo apt-get update, …upgrade, …dist-upgrade Virtualmin seems to have lost all information regarding the few domains associated with the system.

When I click [ Re-check and refresh configuration ] the following is given:

**The status of your system is being checked to ensure that all enabled features are available, that the mail server is properly configured, and that quotas are active ..**

Your system has 4.83 GiB of memory, which is at or above the Virtualmin recommended minimum of 256 MiB.

Virtualmin is configured to setup DNS zones, but this system is not setup to use itself as a DNS server. Either add 127.0.0.1 to the [list of DNS servers](https://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:10000/net/list_dns.cgi?xnavigation=1), or turn off the BIND feature on the $2 page.

A problem was found with your Postfix virtual maps : No map sources were found in the [Postfix configuration](https://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:10000/net/list_dns.cgi?xnavigation=1)

**.. your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.**

The web server is functioning and I can SSH into the VM and I can send mail out.

I have looked at several post but I have gotten no where.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you do that?
Steve

That message is harmless. It isn’t the problem to worry about.

What’d you do to your postfix configuration? Virtualmin can’t manage domain mail users without virtual maps configured. That normally gets setup on install.

I did not add 127.0.0.1

I did however bypass the DNS check. It got further in the configuration check but was complaining about other things.

Ubuntu is using NETPLAN and is configured to use DHCP. My router has the MAC of the VM reserved and assigns the same IP address.

Is it a requirement to set up as STATIC? That’s easy to do it just adds the step of having to edit NETPLAN each time I clone the VM to do a version upgrade or development work.

But here’s the other question were did my Virtual Servers go within Virtualmin?

https://forum.virtualmin.com/t/existing-domains-websites-went-missing-in-virtualmin/

Have not touched the postfix configuration since setting up Virtualmin back at the beginning of 2020.

Scripts that I have written send out email but no mail comes into this VM. I have have it set up to send only.

As a mater of fact I am not hosting mail on this VM. I’m old school and still separate my web server from my mail server. Crazy, I know.

Except it prevents me from accessing the virtual servers and proceeding.

Forget about the 127.0.0.1 thing. It does not matter for the vast majority of users. It’s being removed in Virtualmin 7.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.