Access to Webmin using VPN very slow

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Linux (Centos and Ubuntu)
Webmin version 2.000
Authentic Theme version 20.0

I have a couple of servers running the latest versions of Webmin, Virtualmin and the Authentic Theme
I have no problems accessing Webmin until I try and access through a VPN. Going through a VPN the connection is still made but the loading of pages becomes extremely slow.
I have contacted my VPN provider and they are not able to figure out what is going on. As a test I tried changing my Theme from Authentic to the old gray theme. Using that theme everything loads quickly as expected.
Is there any possibility that the issue could have something to do with the Theme, other than heavier reliance on graphics?
On one of my servers I managed to initiate an update (over VPN with the Authentic Theme) The actual update (terminal) display showed the update as expected with the lines scrolling past very quickly. Once that portion finished and it was back to the regular graphics screens everything ground to a halt.
There does not appear to be a problem accessing the actual server or anything on it, just a very slow loading of data (graphics?) when using webmin.
The problem has been there for several months so it is not due to any recent updates.

Any ideas?
Kim

I am currently running the old theme so I can access Webmin. I was looking at the miniserve error log and this is what the last entries show:
[27/Aug/2022:14:42:53 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
[27/Aug/2022:16:07:20 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
Too many connections (26) from IP 198.8.92.150
Too many connections (26) from IP 198.8.92.150
Too many connections (26) from IP 198.8.92.150
Too many connections (26) from IP 198.8.92.150
Too many connections (26) from IP 198.8.92.150
Too many connections (26) from IP 198.8.92.150
[27/Aug/2022:16:38:49 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
[27/Aug/2022:17:08:53 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
[27/Aug/2022:17:39:12 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
[27/Aug/2022:18:14:35 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
[27/Aug/2022:20:13:24 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
[27/Aug/2022:20:43:25 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
[27/Aug/2022:21:39:54 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
[27/Aug/2022:23:44:17 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:00:16:02 -0700] [198.8.92.150] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:00:42:01 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:01:12:02 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:01:47:25 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:02:28:58 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:08:48:31 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:09:19:05 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:09:56:56 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:10:27:03 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:11:01:04 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:11:52:02 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:12:22:07 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:12:56:47 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:13:49:21 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:14:47:17 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
[28/Aug/2022:15:17:18 -0700] [198.8.92.138] /service-worker.js : File not found
the x.x.x.150 and x.x.x.138 are the VPN IP addresses
Not sure what this means.

Found this elsewhere:

You can edit /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf and increase or add a line like maxconns=50

Then run /etc/webmin/restart

Source: Too many connections (26) from IP X.X.X.X · Issue #1558 · webmin/webmin · GitHub

Thanks, I’ll look at that.
Since they are all coming from the same IP and the other repeated error was also from the same IP I thought that maybe there was something going on that was causing an issue with loading and thereby slowing my connection to a crawl, making the Authentic Theme unusable.