A problem was found with your Postfix virtual maps : No map sources were found in the Postfix configuration

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: Debian Linux 10
Webmin version: 1.981
Virtualmin version: 6.17-3
**Related products version:**Lightsail

I did a fresh install of Virtualmin on Amazon Lightsail instance.
I choose OS Only Debian10, Installed and secured MariaDB and installed --minimal Virtualmin.
Virtualmin installed and I could login and I followed the installation wizard.
I didn’t create a default Virtual Server.

On the first “Refresh and recheck configuration” check Virtualmin throw :slight_smile:

“A problem was found with your Postfix virtual maps : No map sources were found in the Postfix configuration”

Following Failed to save enabled features : A problem was found with your Postfix virtual maps : No map sources were found in the Postfix configuration » Vander Host Knowledgebase , I added “virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual” to /etc/postfix/main.cf

It solved the issue.
Is that the way to do it ?

Bernard

Hello,

Yes, although the better solution would be is to run the following command:

virtualmin-config-system -i Postfix

Thank you Ilia.
I’m publishing a tutorial soon about, I’ll give your solution. :wink:

Bernard

This usually indicates your installation did not complete.

Both the full install and the --minimal install should run the Postfix step. So, something went wrong. You probably have other stuff unfinished.

You should have seen an incomplete list of actions during the install (it may or may not have had red Xs…it might also have just aborted before it finished). It provides a running count of steps and a count of actions to be run, so it’s easier to spot when something goes wrong.

1 Like

To be clear, the solution here is not to manually fix up the problem, it is to figure out why your installation failed and fix that problem (or report a bug if it’s a problem in our installer…but, we’ve been shipping the Virtualmin 6 installer for so long, I doubt there are many lingering bugs, though Debian gets by far the least installs of all supported distros, so if it could still be buggy anywhere it’d be Debian).

Of course you are right Joe, but since yesterday I closed the terminal window of the install and didn’t pay attention if they were an error among all the output.

I checked the Virtualmin-install.log
This is what I found (related)

setting inet_protocols: all
/etc/aliases does not exist, creating it.
WARNING: /etc/aliases exists, but does not have a root alias.

Postfix (main.cf) is now set up with a default configuration.  If you need to
make changes, edit /etc/postfix/main.cf (and others) as needed.  To view
Postfix configuration values, see postconf(1).

After modifying main.cf, be sure to run 'service postfix reload'.
[2021/11/15 20:51:33] [INFO] - Starting init-system log...
[2021/11/15 20:51:33] [INFO] - Total plugins to be run: 2
[2021/11/15 20:51:33] [INFO] - Configuring Net
[2021/11/15 20:51:37] [INFO] - Succeeded
[2021/11/15 20:51:37] [INFO] - Configuring Postfix
[2021/11/15 20:51:47] [INFO] - Succeeded

Seems quit good to me…
Anything I should look for ?

PS: It is a kind of solved for me but may be it can help to improve.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.