Zen Cart installation failed

So there are a few problems when I try to install Zen Cart v1.3.8a.

Errors:
MySQL Support = OFF
Database not supported
CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator
PHP GD Support = OFF
GD Version = GD
PHP cURL Support = OFF
CURL NON-SSL Capability = CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator
CURL SSL Capability = CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator
CURL NON-SSL Capability via Proxy = CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator
CURL SSL Capability via Proxy = CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator
PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF

I don’t understand why I’m getting these errors.

So far I love Virtualmin. I was planning on using the GPL version until I had more than 2 domains running.

Thanks guys!

-Graham

If you installed using install.sh, you should have some of those modules already (certainly MySQL). You can get GD support from yum or apt-get (you haven’t mentioned your OS or version, so I can’t give any specific advice).

I’m not sure about curl support in PHP. I’m not sure where that usually comes from.

The rest of it is just configuration options in php.ini.

Joe,

I am using Ubuntu 8.04LTS.
I used install.sh and MySQL is installed…
A little background on this setup:
I installed the OS fresh for this setup, with only DNS and SSH installed. I setup DNS, and then wget the install.sh and ran it. The install appeared to go find, and the system was setup in a couple of mins (amazing). I added one website, and then downloaded the latest version of zencart and uploaded it to the server. I set permissions for the required files, and renamed the configure files to be used by zencart. I went to the installer and that is where I am getting snagged on it Database not supported (MySQL).

I see what your saying about configuration options in php.ini

I’ll look into that.

-Graham

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve seen the install.sh actually install the php5-mysql package previously – I’m not sure if that’s a bug, or if it’s recently begun doing so.

In any case, try logging in over SSH, and type:

apt-get install php5-mysql php5-curl

Those packages contain two of the modules the ZenCart install is asking for.
-Eric

When I log on as root, and add packages or whatnot, how do I make sure they affect the virtual servers?

-Graham

Ubuntu, by default, installs those PHP modules in such a way that it’ll work for all Virtual Servers.

So it’ll work fine for you unless something on your system is unusual. We’ll see soon enough :slight_smile:
-Eric

I need to restart apache right?

restarted apache2, and that worked!! what about GD support?

-Graham

apt-get install php5-gd ?

I got it working.

I appreciate the help, I had previously assumed to install the packages that were missing (curl) but it hadnt worked. I probably installed the wrong package. But anyways. That worked.

You guys have done an excellent job and once I have some more websites up and If I ever get any clients I definitely be upgrading to pro so my clients can use it.

Thanks you very much!

-Grhaam