X - headers on some, but not all, emails

OS type and version Debian Linux 11
Webmin version 2.013
Usermin version 1.861
Virtualmin version 7.5
Theme version 20.13
Package updates All installed packages are up to date

I had three spam emails today to a domain I recently moved to Virtualmin. I went to check the headers and no x headers. I thought maybe it was my settings so I went through them. All seemed normal. Then I get a legit email that has x headers. Hmmm…

X headers in email’s can be applied by postfix, amavisd/new, spamassassin or any other MTA in the delivery path. The first option would be to look at the raw email and pick through the Received headers to see where its been (or not been).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.