Wordpress install on subserver not working because of missing MariaDB

When I try to install WordPress on my subserver using install scripts it says:

Failed to install script : This script cannot be installed, as this virtual server does not meet its requirements : A MariaDB database is needed, which can be enabled on Edit Virtual Server page.

When I got to edit the Virtual Server page there is no option to enable a MariaDB.

Note: also tried this as a top-level server same issue. No maria DB and no option enable it in the edit virtual server page.

Help?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 22.04
Virtualmin version 7.5

are you seeing this in server status ?

No I am not. Have no mariaDB in server status

for some reason you don’t have maria/mysql installed perhaps
from the terminal type

service mysql status

as root
if this throws an error you need to install mara/mysql

mariadb.service - MariaDB 10.6.12 database server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
└─aio.conf
Active: inactive (dead)
Docs: man:mariadbd(8)
systemd - MariaDB Knowledge Base

It appears it was shutdown for some reason not sure why?

How do I get going again so I can install and use Wordpress?

type

service mysql start

as root and re run the previous command

● mariadb.service - MariaDB 10.6.12 database server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
└─aio.conf
Active: active (running) since Mon 2023-03-20 17:11:15 UTC; 4s ago
Docs: man:mariadbd(8)
systemd - MariaDB Knowledge Base

Active now but still not showing up under server status in webmin

it look as though you have done some config adding a drop in … how did you install wmin/vmin ?

installed them normally using the documentation. Nothing strange or different.

which documentation ? nothing off youtube I hope

I really just need to get this working as I have limited time and lots of work to finish today.
is there something stopping me from installing Wordpress?

I am not even sure what it means to have a config adding a drop in?

Totally wrong I’m afraid you should have used the official way it is worth reprovisioning the server & starting again

How is it totally wrong?

I have been using Virtualmin for the last month and have several sites hosted and running fine. None of them use Wordpress.

I also have been chatting with others about different issues on here and no one ever said that it was totally wrong to install this way. What is totally wrong with it?

have you read the document in the link I provided ?

That is installing webmin … you need to install virtualmin … that is what is wrong

Yes i did. I do not see why how I did the install is totally wrong though and how if it is totally wrong why has it worked to host my websites for months?

I also have been using Virtualmin to host multiple websites for months with no issues.

Every time there is any type of error the first thing said is always start from scratch reinstall your OS on the VPS or reinstall Virtualmin.

Every single error encountered can not possibly require starting from scratch.

Of course, I installed webmin first, and then virtual min 2nd. That is what you have to do.

I used the link you provided to install virtualmin actually but I installed webmin first.

I had several links saved I thought you were asking for webmin install.

You can not install virtualmin if you do not install webmin first as Virtualmin sits ontop of webmin.