Will LetsEncrypt on the server's hostname work (automatically) for Postfix and Dovecot as well?

Assuming latest fresh (clean) install of GPL version on CentOS 7:

I am planning to create the virtual server’s hostname (i.e myserver.domain.com) and enable Apache and SSL site on it. I will then acquire LetsEncypt SSL for that server and I want to use that certificate also for email services (Dovecot IMAPS+Postfix).

Question: Will the mail services be reloaded (or restarted) when the virtualserver automatically renews the LetsEncrypt certificate or I need to buy a wildcard SSL?

Virtualmin / Server Configuration / SSL Certificate - Service Certificates Tab

Hit the copy to buttons for Dovecot and Postfix and that certificate will be used for both services.

1 Like

CentOS 7 does not have a version of Postfix that supports SNI. So, not automatic in the sense that every domain will automatically setup the cert to be used by Postfix. You have choose which domain will be the TLS domain for Postfix.

1 Like

Hi,

I know it will work the first time. What about when the automatic renewal happens? Will the Dovecot and Postfix automatically reloaded with the new cert?

I do believe that @Joe already answered that one for you in his post.

I didn’t directly, but I assumed it was obvious.

Of course Virtualmin will automatically renew any certificates it is managing, if you tell it to.

1 Like