What's happening with VM?

For a long time now the documentation on the virtualmin website has been broken - links to old documents, missing stuff etc. The forums are pretty dead - last item of news was 7 weeks ago etc.

Is Virtualmin still in active development or is it being wound-down? I’m a Pro customer but I’m concerned there’s so little activity from the virtualmin camp that it’s making me wonder what the future is.

Yeah, we may need to go through and get some of those docs fixed up. Some things just never really worked right after migrating to Drupal.

However, Virtualmin is certainly alive and well. There’s quite a few posts to the forum and support tracker every day, with Jamie and I spending lots of time working to review those and answer questions :slight_smile: There’s also a number of folks in the community who do the same.

It looks like 2 Virtualmin releases occurred without an associated news item in the forums. Most folks don’t actually need a notice up there in the forums, as the Virtualmin UI notifies them about the update and includes a list of changes.

Even so, you’re right that a notice should appear up there, I’ll talk to Joe about that :slight_smile:

And support for the new Ubuntu LTS release is being geared up… the LTS release will be out late April, and the Virtualmin support for that will occur shortly thereafter.

Hopefully that helps answer some of your questions and concerns!

Have a good one,

-Eric

Excellent, thanks for the response, that’s very reassuring to know.

Cheers,
Mark