Webmin's disk quota module is disabled

I have enabled disk quotas on my root file system and successfully checked it using repquota / command. However, when Virtualmin’s configuration is being re-checked it always states “Disk quotas have been disabled in the module configuration.” and there is no menu item “Check Disk Quotas” in the “Limits and Validation” menu of Virtualmin even though the webmin module “Disk Quotas” is installed and seems to be enabled as it says:
/ (users) Reiser Filesystem /dev/vzfs User and Group Quotas Active Disable Quotas
/ (groups)

Anyway, I cannot find any option or button to enable or start Webmin’s Disk Quota module on its configuration page.

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,


Is that the same issue as this one here:


No, different server.

You’re not having much luck with quotas then! :slight_smile:

What output do you receive if you run the command “mount”?

Also, is this a VPS? If so, what kind of VPS is it?


Only on this server. :wink: At least, it works nice on the other now. Unfortunately, I want to move from this server to the other and, thus, everything must work as well as there. Because I want to move utilizing the backup and restore functionality for the whole server configuration (webmin, Virtualmin, and virtual servers).

Back to your questions:
The output of mount is as follows:
/dev/vzfs on / type reiserfs (rw,usrquota,grpquota)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=600,ptmxmode=000)

Yes, it is a VPS (BTW: the other server either). As the server can be provided with a pre-installed Plesk (on other operating systems), I guess that it is a Parallels Virtuozzo Container.

Best regards,

I forgot to mention that the Disk Quotas module is not listed under Webmin’s Un-used Modules category but regularly under System … pretty weird.


Ah, yeah, the “/dev/vzfs” root device does suggest OpenVZ.

We’ve seen some problems in getting quotas working on OpenVZ-based VPS’s… they sometimes work, but other times they don’t.

It’s possible that they’re just not going to work on your setup on that server there.

To try and get the Re-Check config to work properly, you could always tell Virtualmin to stop trying to use quotas… you could do that by going into System Settings -> Virtualmin Config, and where it says “Set quotas for domain and mail users”, set that to “No”.

Once you migrate to your new server, you could always try re-enabling that if quotas seem to be working properly there.


Hi Eric,
I figured it out. OpenVZ is not the source of the problem here. Instead the output of the configuration re-check (“Disk quotas have been disabled in the module configuration.”) was misleading, because it did not mean the respective Webmin module, but referred to the “Set quotas for domain and mail users” option you just mentioned - which was disabled.

Best regards,

Sorry, wrong topic :frowning: