Webmin will not start on boot

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Mageia Linux 6 REQUIRED
Webmin 2.202 REQUIRED

I have two older systems running as servers, the original Webmin included with distribution, was working fine. The problem from what I may see is not specific to Webmin version - I tied different ones - is rather difference in way is starting or is configured in Mageia package comparing to download directly from Webmin.
First after installing everything seems to be fine, I could stop, start, restart service, and since these computers are rebooted occasionally I have not noticed any problems till restart.
The only thing what I can find in systemctl log is complain about resources.
To make it work again first I was reinstalling Webmin, recently I tried just to run Setup.sh from
/usr/libexec and this is also working. I have same Webmin version installed on Mageia 9 from distribution package - no problem there, but I can not use this on older system (rpm version).
On both systems the systemd entry are identical, Mageia is actually using Init.d entry.
I will try to use init.d entry from Webmin package and see if this will work.
I do not if there are any files to monitor during the restart to see if they are somehow deleted or overwritten during the reboot process.

Thanks in advance for help

1 Like