I’ve rolled out version 1.900 of Webmin for all Virtualmin repos.
Changes since 1.890;
- New alerts system (allows us to post alerts to your dashboard for a variety of purposes…new releases, news, security alerts, etc.)
- A wide variety of bugfixes related to Ubuntu netplan support (this may mean installation of Virtualmin on 18.04 works even with netplan, but testing is still ongoing)
- A new version of Authentic Theme with a number of new features and bugfixes
- More caching of frequently used data, making some status information display faster and/or less resource intensive
- Added button in Postfix module to clear whole mail queue
- Larger buffer sizes for a number of file transfer operations, making them faster (including some UI operations, and most backup and file transfer operations)
- Other minor bugfixes and enhancements
We think Ubuntu netplan is now actually supported. I recently fixed the other outstanding issue I know about in 18.04 in the virtualmin-config package, so I think we’re now able to install and function right out of the box on Ubuntu 18.04. I’ll be testing that this week. Success stories or bug reports are welcome, if you’re feeling brave and want to try an install on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 system (don’t expect existing broken Ubuntu 18.04 installations to start working after the updates, though, as there is no remediation for previously botched installs).
As always, let us know about any bugs you find.