Webmin is disconnected after uninstall virtualmin

yes ,

I don’t understand what virtualmin, if I don’t understand , how can I sell my customer to use, even my customer not directly using it, ask me help them to setup, but I don’t understand . :stuck_out_tongue:

I buy pro, as I want fully test the whole feature, and also testing the support , test if I can understand and get the solution.

and I completely understand it is little money to support them, and I really hope they can do it better.

I have ever heard of webmin serveral years , the layout is proper , it is true, I cannot understand why there is user-friendly problem ( it must be my over-demanding )

I am trying another tools, it is cyberpanel, they have their problem too, but at least I can understand how to use it normally , what is their problem is : " cannot upgrade the php-curl version, limited extension" .

what I want to say is , every cp will have problem.

how to listen and mark it and fix it .

GPL is good , I believe virtualmin will get more fund in coming.

all the fixing is worthy for virtualmin and virtualmin (all related staff), in short , it is for user/customer.

maybe currently, virtualmin is not suitable for me, and i decide to put little time to learn linux command, it properly useful to me in some other environment

I see the staff are work hard and try the best to solve anyone question.

Million thanks.!

best, :slight_smile:

The point of webmin/virtualmin is very little linux commands.

You maybe getting issue now as Virtualmin is moving to version 7 and its in beta and some bugs need to be sorted, especially with the non Grade A Supported Systems.

Steve

You obviously aren’t reading what he said. He said his customers will never see it. If they’ll never see it then what’s the point?

Are you saying you prefer to sell a product to someone when they don’t even know what it is?

Seriously?

That’s your stance?

You’ve been trolling this site from day one. You contridict yourself in all 5 threads you’ve started.

@Gomez_Adams if this thread isn’t your cup of tea, it’s OK to ignore it and spend your attention on other users. Not everybody is in the same place; onmagic is new to Virtualmin, seemingly not a native English speaker, but seems to be engaging in good faith. So, let’s keep it civil.

1 Like

Really? Let’s review:

and then

So his customer was never going to use it. Only he was.

Then all of a sudden he wants his customer to use it and needs to sell it to them.

He did the same thing on his setup thread. He originally said he was following the directions and then said he wasn’t and listed all kinds of odd things he had done.

He did it in all 5 threads he’s posted. Oddly, he’s not posted since when I pointed that out. I think he was having a lot of fun with you at your expense.

@onmagic

Hi, I would like to say, I agree with @Joe and @stefan1959 - would generally point to expert here which is clearly Joe as he is staff… forget any rumbling from so called “expert” here and there, those people exist on forums for god knows why. They will always use anything you said against you even if you say “oh I did not realised this, I am sorry”. Well that is elite forums users - I call it toxic dump, meanwhile if you read replies from those toxic people, they will just give you hint like never do this and do this but in real life no troubleshooting at all just palava replies to make you feel stupid and hopeless - point you usually nowhere…

I would like to offer you free help to answer you the questions you might have regards gpl and pro version - I do not care which one you run, but as my knowledge of both versions and long time know virtualmin staff (very long time) I believe I can help you at least to gain some know-how what would be suitable for you (or your business).

How about one to one google meet chat or zoom call or teams call? You can share your screen with me and ask me your questions and I would do my best to answer. I am in United Kingdom time - but I am flexible to your time. (Free of charge course!)

Just send me direct message to my profile… I can do it now or even today or whenever you are ready.

Have lovely day @onmagic @stefan1959 and @Joe !

HI,

Thanks for your reply, I don’t want to take any free lunch from any situation.
I didn’t blame all of them.

I didn’t reply because I am busy with my own business, everyone are free to talk, but, I really hope virtualmin to growth too

Actually, I am angry with something because the following reason :

1. I have ever used virtualmin ever around 2 year ago, why it didn’t improve, seems just more features, little, it is already 2 years …, it is why i suddenly, little disappointed

2. I don’t want to have any special off or solve the problem only for me. I would like virtualmin understand the problem, and improve it step by step.

3. I guess it is a user-friendly problem, to me , I would like to completely follow virtualmin steps/guideline of course, I make a another example : cloudpanel, it is only accept debian, I have ever tried install the debian for its cloudpanel, but fail for some other reason

4. in my point, technique is not a problem to virtualmin, maybe how user thinking is a problem, it NOW, in virtualmin company, all are technical people, maybe try to listen more and read more and understand the forum question , for example : why he/she is asking this ? not only directly solve the problem, because when you give the answer, not all people will response it is success or not

5. directadmin, cpanel , plesk , these must be the competitor right , I have used directadmin 10 years, just user level, i don’t have problem with it, because all the problem is solved by server administrator, i just send him email.

6. if you are asking me about virtualmin, first question is : what is your target customer, of course GPL is good, but you guy also need life right, otherwise you have a lot of fund supporting. :stuck_out_tongue: , if the market big enough, everyone just give you USD1, everyone will thanks so much.

7. I will come back and see how virtualmin in future, I am not the one who want help virtualmin, you would like to listen , then I would like to point out more problem ( maybe it is not problem, see how the logic will be )

8. maybe you will need a tester who don’t familiar to linux. test the whole usage

9. as you know I am not native english, I cannot well talking to you guys and it is not my job, but I still willing to report problem in future once i have time to use it again.

10. Thanks so much. I hope all of you can have nice days. :slight_smile:

Best,

Thank you for sharing your ideas, we appreciate it!

As you come back in the future, please be kind to use install.sh script to deploy Virtualmin before running any new tests.

Seeing as buying Pro got mentioned…

I am happy to support you guys so happy to buy Pro.

If in the future I stop paying for any reason, will it cause any problems, eg cripple the server etc, or do I have to do a procedure to remove the Pro license.

I am thinking of a situation where I am unable to do either, eg in hospital for any reason, or whatever.

It is relatively easy to downgrade to GPL. I think Ilia was even working on a virtualmin command for doing it in one step, but even without that, it’s so easy that people accidentally do it all the time (they get impatient for a new virtual-server module to show up in the Virtualmin repos, or their apt/yum config is broken for whatever reason, and manually install the GPL one from Webmin.com not realizing that removes the Pro features).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.