Webmin generates error [Use of uninitialized value $logtarget in pattern match (m//)]

System: CentOS 7.9
RAM: 2GB
CPU Cores: 2

The Webmin always stop working while all services is running correctly, Now I’m tracing the errors log, I don’t see unusual issues but in var/webmin/miniserv.err I see a lot of those lines especially the last one /usr/libexec/webmin/fail2ban/syslog_logs.pl line 17

Use of uninitialized value within @sp0 in pattern match (m//) at /usr/libexec/webmin/bind8/index.cgi line 504.

Use of uninitialized value in string comparison (cmp) at /usr/libexec/webmin/bind8/index.cgi line 509.

Use of uninitialized value $zone_name in concatenation (.) or string at ./bind8-lib.pl line 3178.

Error: 
Use of uninitialized value $logtarget in pattern match (m//) at /usr/libexec/webmin/fail2ban/syslog_logs.pl line 17.

Could those errors continuously stopping Webmin?

Thanks

It appears that there is something in BIND - maybe a strange domain name or malformed DNS entry - that is triggering a warning or error. Your issue is similar to a bug that was fixed in a version of Webmin / Virtualmin / Theme a couple of years ago and should not show on an updated version of the software / theme.

fail2ban often triggers an OOM error which kills webmin on low resource systems.

Yes I know about that bug and I saw that it was fixed in 2017,

Actually I transferred my websites from Old T2 EC2 to T3 using Webmin’s Backup and Restore methods, because I couldn’t use the AWS Image to transfer from T2 to T3 (Network Interface issue), Then I re-configured everything and fixed all issues in httpd, Dovecot, Postfix, etc…

So The last issue is Webmin stopping with no log errors but these, So I need to trace it, Any idea how to discover the Bind issue? Is that related to BindDNS? because I’m not using it and always removing it from the Webmin Features & Plugins

I set hostname to open webmin page https://webserver.DOMAIN.com:10000 instead of IP
hostnamectl set-hostname webserver.DOMAIN.com

My /etc/hosts is the default:
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

This is a screenshot of BIND DNS Server (But I disabled BIND DNS domain in Webmin’s Features and Plugins)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.