Webmin 2.011-1 Update Failed

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Rocky 8.7
Webmin version 2.001
Virtualmin version 7.5 Pro
Related packages Webmin, dnf

This was in response to update available notifications on two servers. I’m not sure that it’s not an intentionally held-back Webmin update because Virtualmin is installed, so I did nothing.

Last metadata expiration check: 2:33:02 ago on Sun Jan 15 04:25:43 2023.
Dependencies resolved.
================================================================================
 Package        Architecture   Version          Repository                 Size
================================================================================
Upgrading:
 webmin         noarch         2.011-1          virtualmin-noarch          40 M

Transaction Summary
Upgrade  1 Package

Total download size: 40 M
Downloading Packages:
webmin-2.011-1.noarch.rpm                        16 MB/s |  40 MB     00:02    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                            16 MB/s |  40 MB     00:02     
Virtualmin 7 GPL - noarch                       3.1 MB/s | 3.1 kB     00:00    
GPG key at file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-virtualmin-7 (0xB9A0B8B7) is already installed
The GPG keys listed for the "Virtualmin 7 GPL - noarch" repository are already installed but they are not correct for this package.
Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.. Failing package is: webmin-2.011-1.noarch
 GPG Keys are configured as: file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-virtualmin-7
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
Error: GPG check FAILED

Richard

@Joe, can you please re-sign the package with the right key?

1 Like

Same problem, how to fix?

Just wait for Joe to re-sign the package. It’s not an urgent update.

Richard

1 Like

Same issue in RHEL9

Probably fixed.

I refreshed available packages (to clear caches) and it looked like 2.011-1 would install properly, but instead a new error was generated:

Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:14 ago on Sun Jan 15 10:02:24 2023.
Dependencies resolved.
 Package        Architecture   Version          Repository                 Size
Upgrading:
 webmin         noarch         2.011-1          virtualmin-noarch          40 M

Transaction Summary
Upgrade  1 Package

Downloading Packages:
webmin-2.011-1.noarch.rpm                       9.5 MB/s |  40 MB     00:04    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                           9.4 MB/s |  40 MB     00:04     
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
  Preparing        :                                                        1/1 
  Running scriptlet: webmin-2.011-1.noarch                                  1/2 
  Upgrading        : webmin-2.011-1.noarch                                  1/2 
  Running scriptlet: webmin-2.011-1.noarch                                  1/2 
warning: %post(webmin-2.011-1.noarch) scriptlet failed, signal 15

Error in POSTIN scriptlet in rpm package webmin
  Running scriptlet: webmin-2.001-1.noarch                                  2/2 
  Cleanup          : webmin-2.001-1.noarch                                  2/2 
  Running scriptlet: webmin-2.001-1.noarch                                  2/2

What OS/version are you installing on? (I don’t see this on my test systems, so I need something specific to look at.)

Operating system: Rocky Linux 9.1
Kernel and CPU: Linux 5.14.0-162.6.1.el9_1.0.1.x86_64 on x86_64
Webmin version: 2.011
Virtualmin version: 7.5

I can see that you are working with it, but I’ve problems as well. I’m on Virtualmin Pro on Debian 11 and just updated to Webmin 2.011 but after doing so I can’t access Dashboard. Everything else seem to work. Just seem, I haven’t tested everything, but when Clicking on Dashboard nothing happens.

Can you open a new topic. That’s unrelated to the original topic, which is about installation failure due to a signing issue in the RPM repo.

I can’t reproduce the scriptlet failure, so far, on Rocky 9 (or 8). Will do a bit more poking around…but, if nobody else reports it, it might be something specific to your system. Though I’m not sure what. The postinstall scriptlet doesn’t do much…not a lot of opportunity to fail.

For some reason the issue fixed itself, the update auto-installed while I was out briefly this morning. FYI my system is a fairly fresh (couple months old?) clean install of Rocky 9.1 on a DigitalOcean droplet, with a similarly fresh install of the latest Virtualmin at the time. Haven’t even migrated any websites over yet (once I do, I’ll upgrade to Virtualmin Pro on this server). This is the first oddity I’ve experienced on this server, appreciate your fast replies as always!

Last metadata expiration check: 2:44:55 ago on Sun Jan 15 09:43:21 2023.
Dependencies resolved.

Package Architecture Version Repository Size

Upgrading:
webmin noarch 2.011-1 virtualmin-noarch 40 M

Transaction Summary

Upgrade 1 Package

Downloading Packages:
[MIRROR] webmin-2.011-1.noarch.rpm: Interrupted by header callback: Server reports Content-Length: 41871968 but expected size is: 41870936
[MIRROR] webmin-2.011-1.noarch.rpm: Interrupted by header callback: Server reports Content-Length: 41871968 but expected size is: 41870936
[FAILED] webmin-2.011-1.noarch.rpm: No more mirrors to try - All mirrors were already tried without success

The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing ‘dnf clean packages’.
Error: Error downloading packages:
webmin-2.011-1.noarch: Cannot download, all mirrors were already tried without success
… install failed!

No packages were installed. Check the messages above for the cause of the error.

dnf clean all and try again.

Thank ya. I did that, and refreshed available packages. Now all is good. I’m new here so I couldn’t update my post til I was approved

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.