Webalizer not available, yet required to pass virtualmin config check?

I’m feeling pretty dumb. I just did a module update… my system says everything’s nicely up to date. But virtualmin configuration check says:

Webalizer does not appear to be installed on your system, or has not yet been set up properly in Webmin’s Webalizer Logfile Analysis module. If your system does not use Webalizer, it should be disabled in Virtualmin’s module configuration page

apt search webalizer shows

• awstats (already installed)
  • awffull (not yet installed)
  • and NO webalizer

Is there a webmin/virtualmin glitch here? Perhaps I’m supposed to install awffull?

Thanks!
Pete

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Operating system Debian Linux 11
Webmin version 2.111
Usermin version 2.010
Virtualmin version 7.10.0
Authentic theme version 21.10

Webalizer is not enabled by default on systems without Webalizer. I assume you upgraded from an older version of Debian that did have Webalizer?

You should probably just disable the Webalizer feature in Features and Plugins.

I don’t think it ever had webalizer… My guess is this has something to do with awstats? Who knows. Disabling in F&P took care of it.
Thanks!

FWIW: fixing that DID enable the virtualmin config check to pass. However, the right side bar warning remained… I could not make it go away for a bit… turned out going to the Dashboard link specifically caused the right side to fully refresh, and the warning was gone.
virtualmin config check ongoing

awstats and Webalizer are unrelated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.