Warning: Update Webmin Repository

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Windows 11
Virtualmin version Webmin 2.101

Webmin wants me to “Update Webmin Repository”. I can click the “Update Webmin Repository” button, but the warning won’t disappear. Any suggestions?

Here’s the full text:
“Your system is using the old Webmin repository. Click the button below to switch to the new stable repository URL Index of /download/newkey/repository in order to use our latest signing key and ensure access to updated Webmin versions.”

I have visited the suggested webpage, but I don’t understand what to do.

???
Your running virtualmin on wn 11

You can update the repo manually by downloading the lastest install script and use the --setup switch.
https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/installation/automated/

I highly doubt they’re running Webmin on Windows. That’s not something that a person confused by repos would be able to achieve…running Webmin on Windows is hard (and not something we try very hard to support, at this point).

Maybe he is using WSL.

I think they are using Win11 on their desktop. not the server.

That’s right: I’m using Win11 on my desktop to administrate my VPS which is running Linux (Ubuntu). Sorry for the confusion.

Mvh.
Kim Eriksen
GoPiano.dk

Thank you for your answer.
I’m new to all this so I’ll need a little more guidance.
I’m using Webmin to administrate my VPS which is running Linux Ubuntu. On the VPS I changed directory to root and then typed
virtualmin-install.sh —setup | -s <auto | force-latest>

I then get
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token ‘newline’

Any ideas?

Mvh.
Kim Eriksen
GoPiano.dk

I went to the link in your original post. This is what I see

Does it help?

Your issue looks similar to one I had but I am on Centos7
This shows how I solved my problem.

Yes, that helped. Thank you!
I actually did try to click the “stable repos setup” but I missed the arrow on the left side of the text.

Mvh.
Kim Eriksen
GoPiano.dk

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.