VPS host domain as virtual server -> 403 :(

Hello all,

I’m facing an issue with trying to set my domain name as a virtual server.

Admittedly, I’ve long used cPanel as an end user and WHM for a couple months, but quickly grew favor to Webmin/Virtualmin. It is still very new for me.

I’ve created a virtual server with, lets’ say “mydomain.me” and my hostname is set to host.mydomain.me

After creating this virtual server, and try to access mydomain.me, I receive a “403 Forbidden” error.

When accessing sub-directories through a browser, there are no issues, however, subdomains and the tld return this error.

I remember reading somewhere the directories must be executable. Am I on the right track?

I know apache automatically configures these directories initially, however, I want to make it accessible from a virtualmin virtual server.

I have consulted docs for Webmin, virtualmin and apache, however, I’m still fairly lost.

Thank you for your help in advance. :slight_smile:

-Daniel

Howdy,

One common reason of getting that error is just not having a website loaded into the public_html folder… is the website uploaded in your case, and you have an index file such as index.html or index.php in that dir?

-Eric

I’ve put a static index.html in the public_html directory to tell me whether or not the 403 error resolves, and sadly, it doesn’t.

You might want to check Apache’s error log, there should be more information about why you get the 403 error.