VM/Email access From Different Domain

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.4
Virtualmin version 7.10.0

I have a server set up but want to ‘cloak’ the settings and access via one of the domains hosted on the server -i.e.

VM is installed on server.server.com

Main business is business.com

business.com:20000 does not allow user access to email/control panel etc. How can I get business.com to access the VM install (I do not, at the moment, want to expose server.com as host).

I hope that this is clear!

Did you enable usermin on business.com? If not it will not work. You need to allow the domain to be able to use the login feature if you want users to log into the email for business.com:20000

I am embarrassed to ask how I do that?

I cannot see anything relevant to UM on the server, settings etc.

I also need to expand on my question…
I am running a host company on business.com and I want a common login for their email, however, if I can get everyone to log into <theirdomain.com>:20000, even better

That is what it does out of the box normally (using apache) not sure about nginx
EDIT:
It does work perfectly with nginx also
did you user the virtualmin installer to install the product or did you install webmin then install the virtualmin module ? if the latter you need to install usermin using you package manager and insure your firewall allows traffic to port 20000. If the former what error do you get when you try to connect to theirdomain.tld ?

It is Apache and UM is working, as I can get in via the server domain.

Very strange.

In Virtualmin, click or tap the edit virtual server menu option and then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Do you see a check box captioned Webmin? Make sure that is checked.

I should also mention that I am able to use domain.tld:10000 of each and every domain / virtual server that I host on Virtualmin and so should you. There is no need for you to do anything to make this happen - this is a feature of Virtualmin that is enabled by default and works out of the box so if you wish to keep server.server a secret then you can publicise any domain on port 10000 that your host on that Virtualmin server.

so what error do you get trying to access anydomain:20000 ?

you didn’t answer this question also

I am sure I installed using the VM installer, not WM then VM.

Webmin is enabled on all domains. When I go into VM/System Settings/Features & Plugins/Webmin the domain is listed

Interesting - I can get into :10000 & :20000 on other domains, not the particular one I need to!

On my target domain :10000 & :20000 are unreachable - they just timeout.

I have removed Wemnin feature on domain and re-installed plus recreated the SSL cert - still nothing.

Can you access the domain itself ? So https;//troublesome.tld and what happens if you navigate to webmail.troublesome.tld ? Do both time out

I have sorted it out, but first, thanks for your help, guys.

It seems that when I set the WP website up, I used Litespeed Cache which offers quic.cloud CDN, so DNS was pointed there. When I reverted to server DNS, it corrected itself and all now works!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.