Virtualmin virtual-server module version 7.7 released

Hello, everybody!   :wave:

@Joe has rolled out version 7.7-3 of the Virtualmin virtual-server module.

Changes from 7.7-3 to 7.7-2

• Fix backups with sub-servers (sub-domains)
  • Fix to show backup URL without passwords

Changes from 7.7-2 to 7.7-1

• Fix to test can_use_gcloud_storage_creds as available in Pro only

Changes since 7.6 (7.6 was not published to Virtualmin repos due to bugs):

• Fix support for enabling and disabling the HTTP2 protocol
  • Fix several bugs in the creation of AAAA and MX records
  • Fix bugs in the management of secondary mail servers
  • Fix creating mail forwards and auto-replies
  • Add automatic use of Cloud credentials if available when backing up to S3 or GCS running on Amazon EC2 or Google Compute Engine

Changes from 7.5 to 7.6

• Add ability to host DNS zones on remote Webmin servers
  • Add support for EC SSL certificates
  • Add support for remote databases for PostgreSQL in the same way as MySQL
  • Add an option to share the same DNS zone file with different owners

As always let us know about any issues, in a new topic here in the forum or in our GitHub repo.

Cheers,
Ilia

3 Likes

7.7.2 is only for pro versions?
What should i do with 7.7 version non-pro, i get error on virtual-servers that have subservers on it when i backup.

HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/2.021 Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 21:01:32 GMT Content-type: text/html; Charset=utf-8 Connection: close
ERROR — PERL EXECUTION FAILED
Undefined subroutine &virtual_server::can_use_gcloud_storage_creds called at /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/cloud-lib.pl line 304.

The button from backup under GUI virtualmin disappear and only that error is showing.
The backup works only if i delete lines from cloud-lib.pl:

elsif (&can_use_gcloud_storage_creds()) {
	return { 'ok' => 1,
		 'desc' => $text{'cloud_gcpcreds'},
	       };
	}

The normal servers can be backup, only the ones with subservers on them are not working after i delete those lines.

No, the patched version should also be available in GPL repos. Refresh available packages and install upgrades.

I did refreshed and nothing, but i had an update several hours earlier, but it still shows virtualmin 7.7 on webmin gui.
You think might be server timezone’s fault? Can show updates later depending on timezone of server?
I’ve spoked with Joe and he recommended to check virtualmin.list repo, and this is what i have in file:

deb http://software.virtualmin.com/vm/6/gpl/apt virtualmin-focal main
deb http://software.virtualmin.com/vm/6/gpl/apt virtualmin-universal main

I did yesterday some delete lines from 304 and today i restored entire file that i saved yesterday, so if i made an update you think that file is affecting the display of virtualmin version?

I don’t see this issue, as when I run apt show cache webmin-virtual-server after apt-get update I can see the following:

Package: webmin-virtual-server
Version: 7.7.gpl-2
Priority: optional
Essential: no
Section: admin
Maintainer: joe@virtualmin.com
Installed-Size: 62.5 kB
Provides: webmin-virtual-server
Pre-Depends: bash, perl
Depends: base, perl, webmin
Download-Size: 4,074 kB
APT-Manual-Installed: no
APT-Sources: https://software.virtualmin.com/vm/6/gpl/apt virtualmin-universal/main amd64 Packages
Description: Webmin module Virtualmin Virtual Servers

Also, it’s safe to switch to the newish repos for anyone these days by running latest original virtualmin-install.sh script with the following params:

sh virtualmin-install.sh -s force-latest

This is not in the docs, I been advising --setup argument, is this no longer the case?
If so maybe the docs can be updated.

The docs mention both. If you feel more comfortable you could use --setup instead of -s, which is essentially the same.

ok, thanks for clarification.
I don’t see force-latest, I see --force so I presume --setup has some extra stuff.

P.S. Ok, I just downloaded the the script and --help shows the argument, not in docs

Thanks for pointing this out. Fixed now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.