Virtualmin 'Testing Mode" for the complete newbie

And, if you don’t find evidence of it in the logs, you need to look at packet dumps using tshark. You can see what processes are sending packets out to remote systems on port 25. Again, not going to tell you how to do this, it’s well-documented.

1 Like

Personally I would be extremely worry if you would start to orient the whole development of Virtualmin solely based on 1 Forum Member.

This is according to me, From FAR, the Most Worrying.

I also join @Stegan about the Definition of Newbie. Myself I have been one. In every aspects that Virtualmin cover. Considering it’s the first Cpanel I used. Which was the first thing I tried to install on my very first VPS …. so for my first Hub XD.

At this time, when I was myself a big Noob. I was Amazed and Happy to be able to tune so much part so easily.

So if you would like to add some Prebuilt Configuration (What the current ‘first time setup’ try to do):

• Mail Only
  • Static Website Only
  • Mega HUB (DB, SQL, PHP, Cron Job, mail ….)
    ……

It might help those who have difficulties. But it should clearly not be considered a “Newbie Testing Mode” setup. Every user have its own needs (New or not) and Virtualmin is already extremely easy to use.

Still You can improve the Documentation and add a “working example” section to each Topic. I think it might help those in difficulties.

But it’s also good to remember that “Be a Dev” is far to be as simple as what most people may think. A little CSS/HTML Home, have NOTHING ABOUT with a fully featured PHP/SQL (or whatever you want) platform and the whole Architecture behind.

There is no danger of that happening. The Blue Skies forum is for the expression of a forum member’s wishlist and for other members to discuss it, which is what we are doing with this wish / idea too.

Testing mode = Virtualmin GPL + Virtualbox