Virtualmin Package Updates on System Information is wrong

Operating system: Ubuntu Linux 18.04.4
OS version:

Virtualmin Package Updates on System Information reports that usermin and webmin need to be updated when I already have the latest versions. How to get rid of this?

2 updates to Virtualmin packages are available. Use the [Software Package Updates] module to install them selectively.

|Package|Description|Version|
|usermin|all web-based user account administration interface for Unix systems|1.812|
|webmin|all web-based administration interface for Unix systems|1.962|

Next time Webmin runs a background status update, it will go away. Typically every 5 min.

Unfortunately it has been there for days now.

Hmmm.
is status collection enabled? There are two places for it. Not sure if they do the same thing. One is in webmin, one is in Virtualmin.

Virtualmin > System settings > Virtualmin Configuration > Status collection > [Interval between status collection job runs].

Or…
Webmin > Webmin Configuration > background status collection > Collect system status in background?.

Let me see…
Virtualmin > System settings > Virtualmin Configuration > Status collection : 5 minutes
Webmin > Webmin Configuration > background status collection : Every 5 minutes (too)
So both are enabled.

That almost certainly means apt-get update is failing. You’ll need to run it from the command line and see why and fix it.

I had that issue once before. I had been updating and restarting from a laptop I use to connect to the server. I went down to the physical server itself and restarted it and it vanished.

@Joe
I’ve just run apt-get update from the command line and it did not report any error.

@Gomez_Adams
I will try to reboot my server tonight.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.