Virtualmin keep checking configurations and mentioning errors - System not ready

Hello friends!
Thanks for accepting me in the forum. :slight_smile:

So, I just signed up for a VPS using Virtualmin, and am encountering some problems.

Ond of them is below:

"The status of your system is being checked to ensure that all enabled features are available, that the mail server is properly configured, and that quotas are active …

Your system has 1 GiB of memory, which is at or above the Virtualmin recommended minimum of 256 MiB.

Virtualmin is configured to setup DNS zones, but this system is not setup to use itself as a DNS server. Either add 127.0.0.1 to the list of DNS servers, or turn off the BIND feature on the Features and Plugins page.

… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin."

The other problem is when I go to Hostname and DNS Client, there are two IPs there, and one of them is from Google:

AND

What IP do I have to put in the fields? My server IP?

Thanks in advance for any help. :slight_smile:

In Webmin, Network Configuration -> Hostname and DNS Client

Add to 127.0.0.1 to “resolution order”.

Theres a catch, reboot your system en look if the ip is still filled in. If not go to your isp’s webpanel and add it to your “custom nameservers”. If you do not you have to add it every time again.

1 Like

Thank you very much! It worked!

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.