Virtualmin / Ip changed problem

Hi all, i’ve a problem with my Vps.

Last week my hosting has change the IP of my vps

I’ve update te ip where i found the old, but now virtualmin is showing this message

“Your system’s primary IP address appears to have changed from ******* to *********. Virtual servers using the old address may be unreachable or serve the wrong web content.”

there’s a guide to update ip in virtaulmiin /webmin?

You can have Virtualmin easily update the IP addresses of your virtual servers under “Addresses and Networking -> Change IP Address”.

yes, i’ve already done this procedure.

The problem is that this change the old Virtual Server, if I create a new one the IP is OLD

What do you have configured for the page “System Settings -> Virtualmin Configuration -> Networking Settings”? Can you take a screenshot of that? Please take a screenshot too of the page “Addresses and Networking -> Shared IP Addresses”.

screenshot done

Okay, I think it’s possible that the old IP is still noted somewhere in your network configuration. You might want to search through all files in /etc for the old IP. Otherwise I’m a bit stumped as to why Virtualmin should use the old IP in newly created virtual servers…

… and in webmin there’s anything that i can change?

Probably not, you might want to check that via SSH login and shell commands. I recommend the tool “midnight commander” for easy file management.

Your VPS is OpenVZ based, you should restart it so that the networking configuration can get completely refreshed. If you manually make changes to /etc/hosts or /etc/resolv.conf they will be overwritten on reboot.

ok, i’ve changed file hosts and resolv

now i found this in the interfaces module of webmin

venet0:0 OpenVZ (Virtuale ) 178.32.236.21 255.255.255.255

(THIS IS THE OLD IP)

venet0:1 OpenVZ (Virtualmin) 85.94.198.107 255.255.255.255

(THIS IS THE NEW IP)

can this be the problem?

ok, i’ve changed file hosts and resolv

now i found this in the interfaces module of webmin

venet0:0 OpenVZ (Virtuale ) 178.32.236.21 255.255.255.255

(THIS IS THE OLD IP)

venet0:1 OpenVZ (Virtualmin) 85.94.198.107 255.255.255.255

(THIS IS THE NEW IP)

can this be the problem?

I guess it can… Unfortunately I’m not familiar with that type of virtualization network interface… Hopefully someone who is will barge in here. My suggestion would be removing the incorrect assignment and making the correct one “venet0:0” or “venet0”. But I can’t say what implications that has.