Virtualmin home screen is replaced by Webmin home screen

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version RHEL 8 & 9
Webmin version 2.011
Virtualmin version 7.3 and 7.5

Latest Webmin 2011.1 causes the default Vmin screen to display the default Webmin screen.

Logs provide a clue.

[18/Jan/2023:13:04:02 +1030] “GET /xhr.cgi?type=nav&action=get&subtype=virtualmin&dom=sysinfo.cgi HTTP/1.1” 200 25030

From older version:

[18/Jan/2023:13:03:43 +1030] “GET /xhr.cgi?type=nav&action=get&subtype=virtualmin&dom=index.cgi HTTP/1.1” 200 22806

Should be a simple fix?

That’s intentional. Dashboard was always supposed to be the default…but wasn’t due, to some miscommunication.

But, you can, of course change it in Theme Configuration (palette icon)->General Defaults->

Default tab->Virtualmin
Default page for Virtualmin->Virtualmin Virtual Servers (or choose a domain to show by default)

Ahh, the icon is at the bottom! Thanks.

For me, using Virtualmin is because I want to do something with the Virtual servers, not wait a while as Webmin scans for updates, checks data etc, then needing to click on List Virtual Servers - at the bottom of the menu. Yes, I know I don’t have to wait for Webmin the load, but I don’t see it as a good idea to start there.

To me it’s logical to have the Virtualmin button have the system ready to use Virtualmin.

Anyway, thanks for showing me how to edit it back to what I was used to, I presume that setting will stay when upgrades are applied.

The dashboard was originally a Virtualmin feature. It only became available in Webmin a few years ago. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.