Virtualmin doesn't discover newly PHP 7.2 install during config re-chek!

On an up to date Centos 7 (x64), having installed both rh-php72 (SCL) and php74 (rémi), Virtualmin fails to discover both of them on config re-check ! I tried installing rh-php72-php-fpm and the equivalent for rémi’s php74, no better !
Any idea (I must have missed a big and basic thing) ?

I installed rh-php70 the same way and it’s been detected. Is there a sort of glass ceiling on detectable php versions ? Is this built in or configurable (where) ?

I recommend these steps to ensure a successful installation.

In the past, I just removed older PHPs and installed the latest but I’m not sure if your setup needs the older PHPs. To do that, I usually just run yum remove php* and yum remove rh-php*.

@zebu1er
For php7.4 you currently need to edit a file before re-checking the configuration.

/usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/virtual-server-lib.pl

You need to edit the line:
@all_possible_php_versions = (5, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9,
“7.0”, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3);
To:
@all_possible_php_versions = (5, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9,
“7.0”, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4);

After that, run the re-check.

1 Like

That fix works on Ubuntu, thanks. The corresponding path on CentOS seems to be /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/virtual-server-lib.pl but that file already contains later 7.x versions up to 7.9. So I guess someone just forgot to update the Ubuntu version as well.

Okay, thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:
I had the same issue, thats why I tought it might help.

Finally I received an update for virtualmin (6.0 -> 6.09) and this allows for PHP versions up to 7.9 !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.