Virtualmin CLI 'install-service-cert' NOT working (when Apache is disabled)

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.1
Virtualmin version 7.5

Hello,

I am installing a new Mailserver with Virtualmin and I encounter a problem (maybe a bug).

My set-up:
I have disabled all website related features (Apache, MariaDB, etc…) because this is a mailserver only. Then I noticed that the ‘Letsencrypt’ tab was gone under ‘Server Configuration > SSL Certificate’. No problem I thought, I’ll just request the certificate with the Virtualmin CLI using the --dns flag. Like so:

virtualmin generate-letsencrypt-cert --domain “example.com” --host “mail.example.com” --dns

This all worked perfect!
So, my next step would be to copy the certificate to Postfix and Dovecot. However, this is NOT working using the CLI. This is only working for me via the buttons in the Virtualmin interface but I need the CLI API. This is the command that I use with the CLI:

virtualmin install-service-cert --domain “example.com” --service “dovecot” --service “postfix”

I get no output, and the copying of the certificate just doesn’t work…

Are you currently working on this matter? Or do you have any information regarding this bug?

have you checked the contents of /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf for a reference to the cert ?
also check /etc/postfix/sni_map for a reference to the cert
if they are not there you will need to manually add them and run postmap on sni_map and restart both services.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.