Virtualmin checking configuration error

Hi :slight_smile:

I have performed a Virtualmin install on the “fresh” debian version profided by MyHosting.com VPS.

When I connect for the first time, after the configuration wizard, i am asked to perform a virtualmin configuration check.

I already solved a postfix issue, and I’m now facing an error with Apache :

“Apache configuration errors were found :
Syntax error on line 58 of /var/www/vhosts/…/xxxx_httpd_ip_default.include:
Invalid command ‘FcgidInitialEnv’, perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.”

I do have a section in the config file for fcgid module, as it’s MyHosting default configuration, I though they would have installed apache with the proper module, but maybe Virtual has removed it during the install … could it be possible ?
What can I do to fix it ?

Howdy,

Yeah, it seems like you’re seeing more custom configuration there… Apache wouldn’t normally be trying to load anything from within /var/www/vhosts/.

My suggestion would be to find where within your configs in /etc/apache2/ that Apache is being told to load configuration files from /var/www/vhosts, and to them comment out it’s attempt to do that.

-Eric

After having tried a fresh install twice, by myself, I finally ask to my VPS support to remove Plesk as I don’t need/want it.
It seems that there was a bug in there system as the plesk template files were kept even after an automatic reinstallation …
It took the whole day for them to fix it, but I have been able to reinstall virtualmin without a single error during the process !

So Plesk ans Virtualmin do not get along very well :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help anyway !

Jerome

They had Plesk on there?? Yes, that is a bit of information that would have been vital from the start. :slight_smile:

It is generally a bad idea to operate or even install two hosting control panels on the same machine. All of those usually configure the web software after a certain scheme, and mixing them will almost certainly lead to bad results. As you’ve seen. :slight_smile:

The recommendation for Virtualmin is: Do a clean minimal install of a grade-a supported OS, no extra packages besides the default and SSH, and run the Virtualmin installer script. It will pull in any packages it needs automatically.