|OS type and version||Debian 10|
|Virtualmin version||7.1-1 Pro|
I’ve spent quite a time to figure out how to configure Virtualmin to use the Prestashop Multishop and maybe someone else can have use from what I’ve learned.
- Create maindomain.com
- Install Prestashop under public_html so the path will be /home/maindomain/public_html/Prestashop
- Create some Categories and Products
- Activate Multishop
- Go to Advanced Settings/Multishop
- Create a shop with the domain seconddomain.com
- In Virtualmin, create the domain seconddomain.com and create webpages (no DB is needed)
To have this up running, the filesystem path in seconddomain.com must be /home/maindomain/public_html/Prestashop and not /home/seconddomain/public_html
Furthermore, the User and Group must be the ones of maindomain.com and I could not find any way to do this from within the Virtualmin interface so I had to go to /etc/apache2/sites-available/seconddomain.com.conf and do the changes manually. What i did was to
- Change SuexecUserGroup to be the values for maindomain.com
- Change all directory paths from /home/seconddomaine/public_html to /home/maindomaine/public_html/Prestashop
When typing the URL seconddomain.com in the browser, Prestashop gave an error (when doing this procedure you should have Prestashop in debug mode otherwise it will just give an 500-error) telling that a certain folder in var/cache is not writable. I changed the folder rights for that folder from 755 to 775 and so, the shop was up running.
Maybe Virtualmin staff can give a better way of doing this than manually modyfing the .conf file, but I was proposed to use domain Alias, but that is not a good choise because then certificates can’t be used and there are some other issues in Prestashop popping up.