Virtualmin and G Apps mail

Hi there,

I have migrated a Wordpress website over to a new Virtualmin server and everything is working great so far. The only issue I have right now is setting up Google Apps Email with the website. I don’t want to use Virtualmin to manage my email, but rather I want to use Google Apps. I am using Cloudflare for my DNS, and I have already added my MX records there. I am just unsure how to configure Virtualmin so that my WordPress emails get sent through Gmail. In my previous server I modified the postfix configuration to do that, however I am not sure if that is the right way to do it with Virtualmin.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Postfix shouldn’t be involved at all, if you’re doing all mail for the domain via Google. You’d just need to set up the SMTP settings in WordPress to use the remote server. Local Postfix shouldn’t have any involvement.

Thanks for the confirmation, I wasn’t sure.

I installed an SMTP plugin in WordPress and it works properly.

Should I be disabling email modules in Virtualmin, or should I leave that alone?

It’s up to you, but if you aren’t using local mail for anything (i.e. you don’t have any apps sending via the local MTA and don’t receive any mail locally for the domain), there’s no reason to have mail enabled for the domain in Virtualmin.

Thank you very much!