Virtual server restore error

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: debian 10
Webmin version: 1.981
Virtualmin version: 6.17-3
Related products version: usermin version 1.823

I took a domain with subdomains a backup of a virtualmin server and restored it on another fresh install of virtualmin instance. i faced some problems with email users which i had to recreate virtual mappings that i solved but there is a problem with nginx website. this server (wordpress sites) has some subdomains which worked ok after i changed the database password and put the same (old) from wp-config.php file but the main web page (not the subdomains) show the following error. tried to disable nginx website and re enable it but the same error applies check below.

Applying Nginx configuration …
… configuration is invalid : nginx: [warn] server name “/home/usernamewebsite.gr” has suspicious symbols in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/website.gr.conf:43 nginx: [warn] server name “/home/usernamewww.website.gr” has suspicious symbols in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/website.gr.conf:43 nginx: [emerg] invalid host in “/home/username192.168.10.100” of the “listen” directive in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/website.gr.conf:44 nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

this is exact copy paste ofcourse i changed sitename and username but the symbols and the syntax are as is.

any idea why this happens?
is there any other reliable way to take a domain only (not the whole virtualmin) backup and restore?

i found the cause to be duplicate messed up nginx.conf entries for domain. restored it to working order. just to let you know of this error.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.