Virtual server reboot button after upgrade, reboots main server

Clarifying title. When OS system packages are updated and a reboot is needed…
virtual machine versions
Operating system Ubuntu Linux 18.04.1
Webmin version 1.953
Virtualmin version 6.10

Main host versions
Operating system Ubuntu Linux 16.04.3
Webmin version 1.953
Cloudmin version 9.5 Pro

Issue is happening on an LXD18.04 with virtualmin and a KVM 16.04 with virtualmin.
I use the cloudmin interface to “login” to a virtual machine. The address bar opens a new tab and appends /servers/link.cgi/ to the domain and I can manage the virtual server fine. But when there is an update that requires reboot, the webmin “reboot now” button that shows up in the virtual machine interface dashboard page, doesn’t reboot the virtual machine, it reboots the main cloudmin host. Noticed the address bar on the reboot confirmation page no longer had /servers/link.cgi/. So its executing the reboot on the main host instead of the virtual server. If I go to system, bootup and shutdown, then reboot that way, it works fine. But the button that shows up on the interface of the virtual machine dashboard, reboots the host, not the virtual machine. I realize LXD and 18.04 might not be officially supported, but wondering if anyone else seeing this.

Same issue here, it occurs for every managed virtual server, reproduced it with KVM and physical server also and I trust it will happen whatever the managed server type.
Reported that critical issue and Devs says they are looking into it.

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in the latest Authentic Theme 19.54.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.