Webmin version 2.013
Virtualmin version 7.5 Pro
Related packages SUGGESTED

My system is based on a Dell
|Model|PowerEdge R740
|CPU|36 CPUs x Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6240 CPU @ 2.60GHz|
|Memory|382.62 GB|
Vmware VM with 8CPUs and 8GB ram
I have two domains used only for email with roughly 9.000 accounts each.
I have very slow response editing users. Can you please suggest what to look for in order to speed up the processes?

Memory and disk performance would be the primary limiting factors, I think. 8GB would probably be sufficient, if you’re not doing anything else memory-intensive (like database-backed applications).

Since this is a VM, I want to blame disk speed, it’s not uncommon for disk performance in a VM to be much slower than on the host system. You should check disk performance within the VM.

It’s also possible there’s some new problem in our user code since Jamie last did testing with a lot of users, maybe something we’re checking in terms of quota usage or whatever is responding slower than expected and needs to be cached. It’s not common to host that many mailboxes with Virtualmin; it’s not really designed as a mass email platform. But, 18,000 isn’t that many. It should all be able to be held in memory, even if we don’t explicitly cache it, the OS buffer/cache ought to be holding all of /etc/passwd at all times, anyway, as long as you don’t see any swap usage.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.