Using VirtualMin with External DNS

I’m new to VirtualMin (migrating from CPanel) and i’m wondering how I would setup my domains if the DNS server is hosted by a 3rd party. I’m using DNS Made Easy for all my website domains and I’m not sure how I would configurate this to work with VirtualMin since the BIND on the server isn’t being used. I’ve disabled the BIND on the server running VirtualMin. Thanks

Howdy,

All you would need to do is make sure that none of the domains on your system are using the “BIND DNS Domain” feature.

You can do that by going into System Settings -> Features and Plugins, and there you can disable the BIND DNS Domain feature.

If any domains already have it enabled, it’ll ask you to disable that feature in those first.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve just double checked and it’s disabled. So for the DNS settings from DNS Made Easy, I would just change the A value to the assigned IP and the server should pick it up once the DNS propagates right? Would there be anything else I would need to do (I’m not using the mail feature on the server since everything is hosted via google apps).

Howdy,

Nope, there shouldn’t be anything else you need to do there – it should just be a matter of switching your DNS.

Let us know how that goes!

-Eric