Using Imap / SSL with Email accounts

Good Evening all,

I’m wondering if someone can help or point in the right direction.

I am trying to get my email account set up on my mobile phone or Windows Mail app but each time I try they fail authentication but the accounts seem to work fine in thunderbird.

I am guessing this is due to the auth settings for the emails.

How do I set up full SSL for email accounts in Virtualmin using ports like standard IMAP / SMTP 993 / 465?

Thanks
Dave

Some mobile apps don’t work with Let’s Encrypt certificates without a combined chain+cert PEM file…some may not even work with that. Recent-ish Thunderbird versions recognize Let’s Encrypt as a trusted certificate authority without needing the chain.

1 Like

If it’s Android, K-9 Mail works fine. Use STARTTLS. FOSS and problem-free.

Richard

1 Like

Thanks for the responses Joe / Richard.

As for the combined PEM file id have to do some digging on that as it would be good to set up the email with other main clients as if you would with any other email address.

Thanks for the app recomendation Richard, I have now got this installed and setup and works a treat.

Cheers
Dave

1 Like

My pleasure.

It’s a good client. The UI is dated, but it always works. There’s also quite a bit of customization available if you dig for it, and no spyware.

Richard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.