Using a Single SSL Certificate for Main VirtualServer and Sub Domains

If I have a virtual server and setup 3 subdomains for that which are separate service websites, and I have a multi-domain SSL certificate for *.example.com and example.com, is there a way I can set up the SSL certificate on the virtual server for example.com and share it with the subdomains automatically? It looks like now I have to do it manually for each of the subdomains.

Hi,

Yes, this optional and can be enabled on Virtualmin Configuration/SSL Settings page:

2 Likes

After I activate this option, do I have to recreate the subdomains? Or does it try pick it up by default from the main site? Because I still see the seperate SSL options for each Sub Domain.

1 Like

As a workaround, for now, you could go to Edit Virtual Server page, and first disable SSL website feature and then re-enable it.

We will make it possible using UI in the future.

2 Likes

I have such a finite problem with Virtualmin. During the installation I took a subdomain and it is as follows. According to the system, a certificate was created with the domain srv.darknight-coffee.org, but when I call up the page, there is an error and a white browser side with this error. Why is that and if it is in the credits for e-mails, everyone should like to take the srv.darknight-coffee.org from my friends, but why is it added to a foreign site, i.e. a new web address, then actual things from Darknigt that another link becomes complete and not the domain I want to register. The fact that this subdomain cannot be reached also makes me really puzzled. Can someone help me? Thank you and stay healthy.
Ich habe so ein endliches Problem mit Virtualmin . Und zwar folgt bei der Installation habe ich eine Subdomain genommen und die wie folgt, ist. Mit der Domain srv.darknight-coffee.org ein Zertifikat wurde laut System erstellt doch, wenn ich die Seite aufrufe, kommt ein Fehler und eine weiße browserseitig mit eben diesem Fehler. Warum ist das so und wenn das im Abspann für E-Mails drin ist, soll gerne jeder das srv.darknight-coffee.org von meinen Freunden nehmen doch wieso wird das bei einer Fremden Seite also eine neue Webadresse dann eigentliche Dinge von Darknigt mit hinzugenommen werden, das daraus ein anderer Link komplett wird und nicht die Domain die ich Registrieren will. Auch das diese Subdomain nicht erreichbar ist, macht mich echt stutzig. Kann mir hier jemand weiterhelfen Dankeschön und bleibt gesund.

You should open your own topic. That makes it easier to actually properly help you without disrupting the flow of the original topic.

2 Likes

@Ilia Thank you! That did work.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.